Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has fergie gone mad?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

In answer to the question posed by the thread I have been critical of Fergie in the past and he has always come back to prove me wrong which is why he gets millions to manage Man Utd and I'm stuck in an office moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

yes i think Ferguson has gone mad too. His decisions to repeatedly play players like Fletcher for the past few seasons bewilder me, and his inability to make good decisions on the transfer market. I think buying Viera for under 10 millon would redeem my respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Big Nelly wrote:

Anyone have any ideas where Madrid are going to play Van Nist? he plays more or less the role Raul plays and there is no way a manager can drop Raul. I cant see him and Raul in the same team.
    Of course theres a way Raul can be dropped! Just do what his club and country managers did last season. DROP HIM!

He only started slightly more than half of the games in total last season for Real Madrid. And as we seen at the world cup he is now 3rd choice striker behind Torres and Villa.

Raul is no longer an automatic choice and if Ruud starts well for Madrid it could be a long hard season for Mr Raul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jqE4rMejw&search=michael%20carrick

he's a player that can only pass 6 yards??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pighead wrote:
    Of course theres a way Raul can be dropped! Just do what his club and country managers did last season. DROP HIM!

He only started slightly more than half of the games in total last season for Real Madrid. And as we seen at the world cup he is now 3rd choice striker behind Torres and Villa.

Raul is no longer an automatic choice and if Ruud starts well for Madrid it could be a long hard season for Mr Raul.

tbh he was injured for a good part of the season yet still forced his way into the spanish line-up altering its formation, because it is hard to not play someone like Raul.

and as regards Carrick he is an english based defensive minded midfielder who perhaps does not score many goals but does the simple things ala roy keane did as there are people to do the elaboate like Rooney and Ronaldo in this new united team. He fis the bill exactley for what united are searching for but united hae seemingly paid over the odds. that is unfortunate but relax be happy the Americans wallet opened without spilling out debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Carrick is getting so much stick here!

The guy is a decent player and will probably do well at Utd.
    This is coming from a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Carrick is a very good player, and at united may become a great player. Although those Stats and opta index tables posted are wrong (having said that ive honestly seen 4 or 5 different versions - from Carrick being at the top to him being 4,16, and 22) so cant really go by that. A great passer, works hard (not much of tackler) and will hopefully grab this chance at the big time...

As for Fergie goin mad, lets see if he makes another transfer for a MC andhow well the United team get on in league. United will have a good squad then, back line is sorted, midfield hopefully will be and upfront is more than okay (as long as Rooney and Saha stay fit - i'll sweat if we're left with Smith, Old Ole and Rossi)...time will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

tbh he was injured for a good part of the season yet still forced his way into the spanish line-up altering its formation, because it is hard to not play someone like Raul.

Out of 42 games last season, he started 25 and was on the substitutes bench 7 times. Out of the 25 he started he only managed 7 goals and for the first time ever in his Madrid career he suffered the ignomy of being booed by his own fans. With stats like that its quite easy not to play him. He needs to improve this season or else he'll be dropped.

Advertisement