Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Styles Missing?

Options
  • 31-07-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

Styles seems to be gone within threads, tis all white. Homepage is fine though.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here too. :( Running Firefox 1.5.0.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hmm yeah where's my Cloud style gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yip, mine's the same. Tried both firefox and IE but still looking very Xmassy white

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thought it was jsut me, I'm using Safari.

T-shirt of the day me thinks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm using Safari too and this isn't effecting me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Minimalist working fine for me. FF 1.5.0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Firefox, Opera and IE are all fine for me and I don't think I've used boards from Opera. Although it does default to the white skin, are you guys sure you are on the skin you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Pages refer to this clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-c289527e-00014.css

And it appears not be on the server, or publicly available

I am sure the higher ups are sweating, etc, working hard, laughing at us, etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Those with no problems are likely to have a cached copy of the stylesheet. Try clearing cache (or not!) to see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Tried all the skins, none are working completely graphics and drop down menus are fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yep im the same

was very worried a minute ago, thought it was the end of the world as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I have the same problem (FF 1.5.0.5).

This file is reporting error 404 when it tries to load:

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-eb7b2ec1-00001.css

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

FireFox 1.5.0.5 and I've lost my style as well. Odd.

pH wrote:
    Those with no problems are likely to have a cached copy of the stylesheet. Try clearing cache (or not!) to see the problem.
    I cleared the cache completely on Opera and if I go to a thread my skin defaults to the White skin. I change it to Cloud and it's fine.

pH wrote:
    I cleared my Cache and it's still working fine. Didn't default to anything else, it's still just the Green style. I'm using Safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Did the same and still working for me. Still FF 1.5.0.5 too. :p

Gordon wrote:
    I cleared the cache completely on Opera and if I go to a thread my skin defaults to the White skin. I change it to Cloud and it's fine.

Did that, got the attached. Homepage is on classic, which I normally use and won't change style.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I cleared the cache but still no good. I tried every available skin but its still the same.

The smilies are an odd looking shape too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'm getting the same problem. The frontpage is fine but every other page is plain white background with no styles. It's happening on adverts.ie for me too.

I'm not getting 404 on the .css - any random url for boards (www.boards.ie/rubbist/nothere/1234.css) just returns the home page.

It's possible that for those who it's still working for (and who have cleared browser cache) that they're at work/college and they have a transparent cache/proxy somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Tried all that and still the same.

Just thinking I am running Bit Torrent in the background and it's taking a lot of my band width, could that be causing the problem.

Not sure about the transparent cache but I am at work.

The css file seems to download for me:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-eb7b2ec1-00001.css

pH wrote:
    It's possible that for those who it's still working for (and who have cleared browser cache) that they're at work/college and they have a transparent cache/proxy somewhere.
    I don't think that's the case with me, I'm at home.

OK so it doesn't seem the css is missing - and it's not a cache problem.

I've switched to fred.boards.ie and everything is perfect. Going back to www.boards.ie and i lose the styles - very weird!

That's strange, I'm on www.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very weird. It would appear that the css is in fact intact:
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fclientscript%2Fvbulletin_css%2Fstyle-eb7b2ec1-00001.css&usermedium=all

Gordon's not on an Irish ISP. tSubh - are you on NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its fine for me on pie.boards.ie (I'm in the US on cable internet if that matters).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gordon wrote:
    Not sure about the transparent cache but I am at work.

The css file seems to download for me:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-eb7b2ec1-00001.css

Interesting. When I click that link I get the www.boards.ie homepage. This would suggest that I don't have access to the CSS file.

.. tried some other sites.
    www.boards.ie = doesn't work.
    boards.ie = doesn't work.
    pie = works.
    dontlogin = works
    waldorf = works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Same problem here, using latest firefox, wooots going on...

Oh, adverts.ie is doing the same thing.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    Its fine for me on pie.boards.ie (I'm in the US on cable internet if that matters).

Yup, pie is fine here too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement