Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-res video of new metallica song

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Meh-tallica :(

A bit more imaginative than stanger (they used the thin strings every now and then :p ) but those vocals are godawful and that's a Kill 'Em All solo (ie same thing he did 23 years ago). The odd nice riff but the parts didn't seem to flow together to make a good song. Didn't make it to the end of it.

Didn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Still reeks of pooh to be honest. And I think it's a bit odd to complain about the Kill 'Em All style solo, considering many of us are looking back to those days so lovingly. :p Vocals are so unbelievably sucktastic though. Pretty piss-poor musically too, but the bit of shredding at least kinda redeems it in my eyes, if only slightly. Sad story overall, given the hopeful anticipation with which we awaited new Metallica material.

Actually, on second listening, I quite like that solo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm not complaining about the solo per se, just saying that he's used those licks plenty of times before and, while it's nice that he's going above the 6th fret this album, it's just rehashing what has gone before, rather than at least try to do something inventive (think of what he did around MOP or AJFA eras). Then again, I suppose it refects the stagnant creativity which has plagued the band in my opinion for the last 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I would agree. I actually amn't a huge fan of AJFA. I know it's a technical masterpiece, but could never get into it. It never flowed in the same easy way as MOP for me. A few nice inventive licks in the solo, and nice to hear at least some speed out of the ****ers for the first time in a long while, but it does nor hark back to the days of yore by any stretch of the imagination. As nice as it is to hear a fast, shreddy solo again, when he did it a quarter of a century ago it was at least fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The tuning **** up at the start was priceless, Still a terrible song but at leasy his lyric writing has gotten better since invisible kid. Vocals are by far the worst thing about the song though. Poor rob, if i were him id be gone if this album didnt do well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

it's better than a lot of st. anger... but will it ever end, it feels like i've been listening to it for about 20 minutes!!! Vocals do suck, re the solo, i never thought much of hammet, so no change there.. at least there is a ****in solo!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

****ing Lars man, he doesn't know how to hit cymbals

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Make it stop, make it stop. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Hi-res, LOL. Gotta love those scan lines!

Probably listenable if rubin polishes it up a bit. Not MOP, but might be tolerable. Im not holding my breath though!

Have to laugh at some of the comments on youtube though, if it wasn't lica (ill leave out the metal for the moment) I dont think people would even bother listening to it, myself included if im to be 100% honest.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The lyrics are going to give me nightmares and Lars is still rubish, but to ge honest it is more of a step back in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not a big metallica fan but didn't he say at the start that he can't **** up the words cause there isn't any? yet he sings?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pure dung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Tis bad, least there is a solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That was craptacular.

Although I'll prolly end up buying their new album, for reasons I don't even know myself! Can't stand Metallica anymore!

Advertisement