Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining 'product samples' for event

• 31-07-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭

I have been charged with looking after the 'goody bag' for a triathlon that is taking place in Laois.

Generally at these type of events, you get a couple of product samples, money-off coupons, flyers etc. Usually the items included are 'helath' related - so you might get sports drinks, cereal bars, low-fat items, and sometimes stuff like deodorant, shower gel, etc.

I wanted to know who I might call to obtain some of these samples - I need about 80, and the event takes place on 19 August.

The triathlon demographic is very good - everybody is 25-39 (generally), about 80% are third-level educated, all are settled in long-term careers, and usually have established homes, etc. They also enjoy a strong level of personal disposable income - triathlon is an expensive hobby / pursuit (spend range is €2,500-€5,000 per annum).

Any ideas who I could approach? Names / agencies / companies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

You could try approaching P.R. companies and asking would this interest any of their clients - a list is available at www.prca.ie . Otherwise, you could write letters to local businesses and ask kindly for their support.

It is very tough to get these things now as companies are trying to support so many causes... You could also try writing to one of the water companies, such as Tipperary. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks Watersprings. I have had some success by calling one or two companies, who are kindly giving me some stuff for the goody bag. I am finding it easy enough - just so long as you can reach the right person.

Wil look into that list of PR peeps, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

That's great, glad you have had a few successes. Yeah, give them a go - you have nothing to lose by trying!

Advertisement