Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying a Bose Lifestyle in the US and bringing back to ireland

• 31-07-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm heading over to the US in a couple of weeks and am looking at buying the Bose LifeStyle 28 system there as its so much cheaper.

Just wondering has any bought anything like this from the States.
    Is it just a matter of buying an adapter here to convert the power or is it like a laptop when i would just need to change plug.

Can you get the DVD player chipped to region 0 or region 2?

Also, Do you have any tips on getting it back into ireland. I am thinking of maybe posting the sub woofer.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

Now I dont claim to know much at all about Bose, but the guys on AVForums dont rate them at all, claiming they are way over priced for what you get. I do realise they are cheaper in the States and you will probably get away with the duty. However, perhaps you should consider Canton, Kef, Mordaunt Short etc. Apparently, and I do say apparently, they are all considered better than Bose, the sub satellite systems that is. Buying separates such as a DVD and Receiver should then future proof the whole thing. But hey, this is my opinion, the people that actually own Bose seem to be more than happy with them. Support is something else you should consider. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

If you're going to post it, mark the value as about 25€

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

YoYOPowder wrote:
    But hey, this is my opinion, the people that actually own Bose seem to be more than happy with them.

course they are...who's going to admit what they bought isn't worth the money?

there is a threadon avsforum, which is the american home theatre forums, which tells how Bose have a requirement that any shops that carry their brand display them on their own away from other speakers. The reason being so that no-one can directly compare how poor they sound compared to much cheaper speakers..

is it true? no idea..but i lived in california for 6 years...only back a few months...and in all that time any store i went into had bose in their won section...

make up your own mind. If you like them buy them. I will never buy bose, but that's just my opinion after listening to them and other speakers.

Advertisement