Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars for < 2k ?

Options
  • 31-07-2006 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I've started saving for my first car. I would prefer to go for one around the 2k mark, because it means I can be on the road faster, and as a first car it wouldnt matter if it got a bump or a scratch here and there (hopefully not though:o )

So, just a couple of questions regarding this;

Is it worth buying a car for around that price mark, or are they more hassle than they are worth, with breakdowns and what not?

What makes/models should I be looking out for?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All depends on your age etc!! If you are only starting out and are under 25 then get something no more powerful than a 1.4!! the old shape corolla is a good choice at 1.3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fist car, probably need a small engine, have a look at these....
    Carzone Stock List

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'm 24 in September. Thanks v.much for the link. What dyou think of this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

well at least your staying clear of the fiats. dont limit yourself to a 1.2 if you want a bit more poke. it should cost you the same for a 1.3Lor a 1.4L as it will for a 1L. it did with me anyway and i was only 19 when i got the quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Cianos wrote:
    I'm 24 in September. Thanks v.much for the link. What dyou think of this one?

Sure take it for a test, but make sure it has NCT - it's not mentioned in the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Mazda 323 will be 1.3 and not 1.2 as advertised. Bulletproof reliability. Always recommend Corolla, 323, or Civic for reliablility.

Advertisement