Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelizod to city centre commute

Options
  • 31-07-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Does anyone live out here? Can you tell me how long it takes you to get into town during rush hour. I saw on the dublinbus.ie that it was about 25 minutes but I really wouldn't trust what they say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

shouldn't be too bad.

Straight down Conyngham Road and the Quays.

25 minutes sounds reasonable if you get a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, that sounds about right although with heavy traffic on a wet morning the bus will probably take a lot longer, up to 40 mins if traffic is stuck on the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sorry but this just makes me laugh, when i used to live in tallaght i could get into town on a good day in 20 mins and chapelizod is a hell of alot closer to town than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, it's the quays that messes it up, on a very good day at a quiet time the journey can take as little as 10 minutes but rainy day, rush hour morning traffic is a nightmare (or at least it was when I still lived in Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paul4690

theres a bus lane all the way up the north quays so its grand, i find parkgate st. can be the slowest part

• Advertisement
Advertisement