Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K800i : settings for o2

• 31-07-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Just purchased this phone after reading comments from people here, (thanks to you all) and I'm very happy with it. Fabulous phone.
    However I have had a lot of problems getting WAP and MMS set up on it. I read the posts here, downloaded settings from SE website and tried O2 website but no 800i settings so tried 750i settings. No joy. I'm not very experienced at this but have tried changing settings based on settings posted on the board but no luck. It would be great if anyone had any suggestions about what to change in my settings. To avoid confusion I went back to settings sent by SE for K800i on O2 Prepay. New to boards so hopeful I'm posting this the correct place.
    Phone was purchased from Expansys.ie. It has an o2 sim card that was in my Motorola v600 and Nokia 3310 before that. I rang O2 and they weren't anymore helpful than saying, "nothing we can do, you'll have to wait and see if we support it sometime in the future"
    Anyway here are my settings

Data Communication

Data Accounts

Prepay GPRS WAP2

apn: pp.wap.o2.ie
    username: user
    password: ******* (as in 7 stars, no idea what it is)
    Login Request: off
    Allow Calls: Automatic
    IP address: ...
    DNS Address: ...
    Authentication: PAP
    Data Compression: Off
    Header Compr. : off

Prepay MMS

apn: pp.wap.o2.ie
    DNS Address: ...

O2 GPRS eMail PP

apn: pp.internet
    DNS Address: 62.40.32.33

Prefered Service
    PS and CS

SMS Access
    Packet Switched

Internet Profiles: Prepay GPRS WAP 2

Settings for Java : Nothing Selected

Streaming Settings
    Connect Using: Nothing Selected
    Use Proxy: No
    Proxy address: Only required when proxy used
    Port Number: 0

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

OK , I had the same problem , I deleated all accounts on the phone and re-sent fromSE's site .You will need to go to SE UK site and select the phone and then the settings from there .

Any probs after that give me a Pm and I'll go through it with you .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Your APN should read : wap.o2.ie ..

Also selected Prepay GPRS WAP2 for both Internet and java .

Advertisement