Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday night

• 31-07-2006 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I know this is not so much a personal issue but I hope its ok to post it here because I wanted to do it anonymously which I cant do in after hours etc...

Met a lovely girl on friday night-we both had a little bit to drink and we chatted for a good part of the night..never kissed or anything but at the end I got her number and I think she said it in passing that we might meet again sometime..I dont wanna screw this up but I was thinking - is today (monday) a bit too soon to be texting her?? I usually am of the belief that if someone genuinely likes you then it doesnt matter when they text you at all and the text message will be more that welcomed
    but because I dont want to mess this up so badly my judgment seems to be a little off(being paranoid in other words)

anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Blu Eyz

I usually am of the belief that if someone genuinely likes you then it doesnt matter when they text you at all and the text message will be more that welcomed

Well im also of the belief that is someone genuinely likes you it doesn't matter.....go for it.....waiting a day or two is not going to change this girls mind about you, she either likes you and wants to see you again or not (im sure she will)........OR you can hang on let your head get more wrecked over it and wait for a few more days, you hardly want that do you........just get that text sent and dont even think anymore about it !

Good Luck !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Go ahead and text her. Or better still phone her. As you said, if she likes you she will be happy to hear from you. Why play games?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Go on..... do it. 'apparently' you are suppose to wait 3 days before contacting the other person but I don't think that matters myself. Either way, you are ok to do it today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Just text her for goodness sake! See what happens then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yes youre right, youre right, youre right-Im gonna text her right now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Text her and ask her how the rest of the weekend went....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yep, go for it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No harm in a text message. Ask her if she enjoyed herself, etc. Good luck. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The movie Swingers covers this in excellent detail.

Peronally I would wait till wednesday and then ring, forget this text crap. Ask her out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

wait a few days, plan something to do, call her up and ask her out. I'm with peace, texting is way too detached.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

same thing happened to me friday, but we kissed, just bite the bullet and text, or really impress and ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

Just text her whenever you feel like it and keep it nice and short! And ask her out or whatever. Or ring her. It's no big deal.

Tbh if you wait till wednesday or the like then she'll either have forgotten about you, or think you're a total sap. Now on very desperate girls, waiting a week may actually work, but if she likes you then just go for it.

Ask her out for this weekend or something and dont talk to her until then except to confirm or whatever!
    And good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

This waiting thing is nonsense. Just do it!

And a text is ok to begin with, just to suss her out. If all goes well then tell her you'll call her to arrange something. And then do call her next time, not txt!

i wish the boy i kissed last week would read this, locked into a texting marathon...believe me ringing her is the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ring her man, ring her tomorrow at lunch time. Just go for it, I promise, you wont die and nothing worse than her saying no can POSSIBLY happen.

At the poster right above me, end the marathon and RING HIM.

Texts are an absolute waste of time in this situation

ah look now ringing's the boy's job, need to remain somewhat aloof...although that being said if he doesn't get his act together and suggest doing something as opposed to turning texting into an olympic sport it'll be curtains on the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yes youre right, youre right, youre right-Im gonna text her right now!

how did it go? anything back?

The girl in question texted me tonight saying she just got credit(student)...I believe this but she took ages to reply to all my messages after that this evening and was a little vague with her replies - she didnt sound one bit enthusiastic in other words(she wasnt busy either-watching tele)--so I ended up telling her I was off to bed cause I was wrecked (which is half true!!) ................it wasnt me being ignorant ,me being bitchy or anything of the sort, definitely not gonna wait for her to call me but if I dont hear from her by tomorrow night Im gonna ring her,ask her how she is la la la la and would she like to meet me at the weekend or during next week - If yes-great ,If no-no big deal....Im not bothered at all what happens to be honest-she shouldve handled me a bit better and I might have given her more of a chase!

Advertisement