Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongoing Licensing Problem

Options
  • 31-07-2006 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Still waiting for the .223 license (Applied in March). Superintendent doesn't take my calls, wrote a letter explaining my need for a .223. Haven't heard anything back from the letter which was sent over a month ago.I have a .22Lr & 6.5X55.

My local sergeant cannot get an answer from him either. He is hoping I just go away I guess.

I am looking for a decision in writing from the Superintendent.

Is there anybody else I can call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Yep your friendly neighbourhood solicitor is who id be calling

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Still waiting for the .223 license (Applied in March). Superintendent doesn't take my calls, wrote a letter explaining my need for a .223. Haven't heard anything back from the letter which was sent over a month ago.I have a .22Lr & 6.5X55.

My local sergeant cannot get an answer from him either. He is hoping I just go away I guess.

I am looking for a decision in writing from the Superintendent.

Is there anybody else I can call?

Had to wait a log time for my .223 licence also. You local Sgt should be able to tell you at what stage your licence is at and to which Garda it is assigned. (ask him for the pulse number to which your application applies [different to your own number] makes it easier to find)
    This is who you need to talk to.

The way my licence went was..
    Local Sgt
    Det. Sgt Office - 3 officers at this stage (this is where my hold up accured)
    Crime Prevention Officer
    Super

Advertisement