Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tyres & Carb question

Options
  • 31-07-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

How much would 4 tyres for a 94 sunny cost?

Does the 94 sunny have a carbareteur or is it injected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junii wrote:
    How much would 4 tyres for a 94 sunny cost?

Does the 94 sunny have a carbareteur or is it injected?

Depends on the tyre size and the quality of tyres you want to put on it. Tyre size is written on the sidewall, it'll be in the format 175/65 R14T. When you've got the tyre size, call a few tyre centres for prices. Alternatively, you could just call them and they'll look up the tyre sizes on a chart.

AFAIK, all cars first registered after 01/01/93 have 3 way cats, and therefore fuel injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It should be fuel injected. That model sunny was launched in ireland in 1991 with a carb and was updated to injection in 1993, I doubt any carb cars were left over into 1994 but the update also included a revised radiator grille, changing from a black honeycomb to body coloured horizontal bars. If it's a japanese import, all bets are off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

So when Im checking assuming its red the rad should have red horiz bars. How else can I be sure its injected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I paid 180 euro for 4 185's for my sunny. A 94 sunny will be fuel injected. If you want to be extra sure, look at the engine. It should say twin cam or dohc ( cannot remember exactly ). You should be able to see the fuel injectors, one for each cylinder, sitting at an angle at the back of the engine, with wires coming out of each. Did you get no documentation with the car? As another aside, if it is badged LX, thats another indicator that its fuel injected.

Advertisement