Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable Plumber URGENTLY required

• 31-07-2006 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm starting to pull my hair out here trying to get a plumber to come and replace the cold water tap in the kitchen. I waited most of the weekend for Power Rod plumbers to come and gave up yesterday afternoon, because everytime I rang they said it was a bad line on the phone. WTF!! Still haven't cancelled with them but I know they're not coming.
    The frustrating thing is that I could fix the tap myself but I can't get the nut that's attached to the mains to budge with the tools that I have. I just need a plumber to come to the apartment, put some grease on the nut and use a bigger pipe spanner to loosen it. 5 minute job for him and he's E100 richer. All the while, I've no cold water in the apartment :-(
    Please someone, give me details of a reliable plumber. PLEASE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I think your problem is you're in an apartment block ,sometimes it can be very akward. I normally have access to a rotenberger freezer ,but not at the moment.
    Why can't you just replace the spindle inside the tap ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

_Brian_ wrote:
    Why can't you just replace the spindle inside the tap ??

I couldn't get the nut on the spindle to turn with the tools that I had. My uncle came around with his and couldn't get it to move either.
    Anyway, ACR came in the end and got it to move with grease, etc. So, I have to take back what I said. They were cheaper than most of the other companies in the Yellow Pages too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

_Brian_ wrote:
    I normally have access to a rotenberger freezer ,but not

I just looked up what that is, they look cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Sorry I wasn't much help ,glad you sorted it.

Brian.

Advertisement