Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230i - No Signal

• 31-07-2006 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I just got a Nokia 6230i as a replacement for a lost SE K750i last week but now my signal has disappeared. I can't make or receive calls.

I called into Meteor today and they gave me a replacement SIM card and said to wait an hour or two until the car activates. I think it has because it does say Meteor on the screen but there is still no signal.

Does anyone know what the story is? I reckon it's the phone. What can I do to get this fixed? Will the shop provide a replacement phone for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Since the phone's only a week old, they should give you a replacement phone there and then.
    If you can, try the sim in another phone, or try another sim in your phone. See what happens then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep sort it out sooner rather than later before the 28 day return to shop runs out, otherwise you won't get a replacement. Another sim would tell you whether it was the phone or just your network. Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Enygma wrote:
    I just got a Nokia 6230i as a replacement for a lost SE K750i last week but now my signal has disappeared. I can't make or receive calls.

I called into Meteor today and they gave me a replacement SIM card and said to wait an hour or two until the car activates. I think it has because it does say Meteor on the screen but there is still no signal.

Does anyone know what the story is? I reckon it's the phone. What can I do to get this fixed? Will the shop provide a replacement phone for me?

Thanks

Dont forget to switch off an on your phone when your testing it to go live even when they do the sim change your phone wont just start working you need to switch it off and on to get the new card to register...Also you could try your sim in another phone to see if its live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Well they're going to give me a K750i after a little bit of complaining in the shop. Have to say, the standard of Nokia phones has really gone downhill in the last few years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dont judge a manufacturer on one phones performance. I've had plenty of k750i's back, too. There's bogeys in every brand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Enygma wrote:
    Well they're going to give me a K750i after a little bit of complaining in the shop. Have to say, the standard of Nokia phones has really gone downhill in the last few years.

So your sim worked in another phone.????.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

JohnnieM: ya the phone was bust. They're giving me a replacement

SDooM: It wasn't just the fact that it broke. I can understand that. The UI is appaling too. For example, after you've sent a text the text message remains in the buffer. Even when you want to send another message. It reappears after you've sent the message making it unclear whether or not the message has been sent. If you want to clear it you have to go to Options, press down and select Clear Text or else delete it letter by letter. You used to just be able to hold down the clear button and it would delete the entire message.

Also you can't delete every message in one go, you have to go through each one.

The shortcuts (i.e. pressing menu and then 4 or 5 or whatever) should bring you straight into the menu instead of ust highlighting it.

The SE phones keep a recently used list of people for when you want to send messages. That's really handy.

The whole layout of the UI is just very poor in general. Nokia had a reputation of having the best interface but I don't think that stands to them anymore. It's as if there was no thought put into it at all. I'll be glad to get the K750i back.

Advertisement