Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Connection Cap.. download and upload?

• 31-07-2006 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Quick Pop Quiz question:

Does the UTV Connection only include download or is it a combined download/upload cap connection ?

Their website is like negotiating a quagmire in the dark during a fog while wearing a blindfold. They also tend not to reply to e-mails and assign job numbers to complaints which are never updated or completed.

Damn you UTV !

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cpk wrote:
    Quick Pop Quiz question:

Does the UTV Connection only include download or is it a combined download/upload cap connection ?

Their website is like negotiating a quagmire in the dark during a fog while wearing a blindfold. They also tend not to reply to e-mails and assign job numbers to complaints which are never updated or completed.

Damn you UTV !

Why not ring them and ask them? Then you have it from the horse's mouth and there can be no argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cpk wrote:
    Quick Pop Quiz question:

Their website is like negotiating a quagmire in the dark during a fog while wearing a blindfold.

RoI ClickSilver One customers are entitled to download up to 6 Gigabytes of information in any given month.

RoI ClickSilver customers are entitled to download up to 12 Gigabytes of information in any given month.

RoI ClickSilver Plus customers are entitled to download up to 20 Gigabytes of information in any given month.

"Download" is pretty unambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

you can upload as much as you want thats what I was told

But at their upload speeds you wont go over it

Nudge Nudge torrents wink wink

I have their high cap and never go over it now as they were feckers for charging when I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Went 35 gigs over my 20 gig cap this month. Lucky I've got the unlimited cap add in for €5.99 extra a month otherwise my bill would have been about €540 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

My friend wants to get the utv 3mb package and wants to get unlimited for 6 euro extra or whatever it is, but where can he pick this unlimited option? He rang them a few times but is always put on hold for ages so gives up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah ur better off going with the unlimited package if your into heavy downloading..for only 6 euro its lethal

its in your utv broadband control panel at this address..type it into browser as it is without quotes.." u.tv/csie "

you then just stick your utv account number in the box and password and you get access and then the unlimited option is listed on the left you just tick a box and your gone unlimited starting from the 1st of next month..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Totally off topic, but don't wanna start a new thread.

Does anybody know the URL of UTV's online statement checker? I'm in work and need to check it quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Christ didn't even notice that. Cheers anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cpk

Thanks for the information from all concerned, might go unlimited

• Advertisement
Advertisement