Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan to bid up to €100m for Ronaldinho?

• 31-07-2006 4:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Milan Want Ronaldinho-Report Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo, Sport.ie, Goal.com and numerous internet fan sites (both Milan and Barce) reported today that AC Milan tabled a huge offer for the world’s most popular player, Ronaldinho.

100 million Euros is apparently what the Rossoneri are ready to hand over to Barcelona in exchange for the Brazilian jewel.

Yesterday afternoon Milans Transfer guru Ariedo Braida has promised that the Rossoneri are lining up a surprise swoop and it is under stood that we was refering to Barce's magician, despite initial reports that Fernando Torres was Milans objest of desire.

Braida said to reporters yesterday “We usually spring a surprise around the transfer deadline and we’re hoping to do the same again,” Braida explained. “It would be good to give our unique fans a present.”

Other reported targets for Braida are Gigi Buffon, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

It won't happen, Barcelona is perfect for Ronaldinho, and I'm sure he knows it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's football, stuff happens.
    Milan are historically the bigger club, they are a richer club and they have more transfer clout.

It probably won't happen, but it's not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldinho loves it at Barca, why would he move to Italy? Also, I'll bet all the money in my pockets that AC Milan will never spend that much on a player until 2050

lol, when did fub become Nostradamus?

there are only two clubs in the world who would even consider paying that much for a player, and they are the two richest clubs in the world, both private owned by billionares. Milan are one, I'm sure you could think of the other?

And although it's just a roumer it is possible, espically with Berlu going mental to recreate the Milan of the early-mid nintys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I would count real as one of the richest clubs.

• Advertisement

Real aren't private owned either... think again... they wear blue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chelsea prior to signing Schevchenko made a 50million pound offer for Etto which was turned down with Barcalona essentially saying Roman Abromovich does not have enough money to buy one of our stars... because there not for sale. this would equate to about £66millon for there prize star Ronaldinho, they will say no once more. He is just the highest profile on Milans shortlist which from the original post seems like a search for a forward to replace Schever and Buffon for good measure to show they do want to majorly capitalise on the change in italien footall. Ibrahimavich and even Ronaldo are more likely IMO.

aww Milan of the early-mid nintys there is a nice thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What's Ronaldinho's buyout clause?

I'd say about 120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i dont think Barca want to sell to chelsea and theyre right. why sell a star to possibly their biggest champions league threat?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

More tabloid and general nonsense.
    What if its true and they actually bid 100 million for a player?
    Galway United could also bid 100 million for him-with the same chance of Barca accepting and the same chance of the player himself wanting to move.
    Crap either released by the Milan board to apease fans or just made up.

astrofool wrote:
    What's Ronaldinho's buyout clause?

£85m

Carlo Ancelotti on romurs involving Milan in the transfer yesterday evening:

"C.Ronaldo will not come to the Milan because with him we would have to modify our taticts. For us at the moment it would be easier to sign Ronaldinho... Ronaldinho would not be a problem "

And according corriere dello sport, tutto sport and other Italian and spanish new papers, Ronaldinho would be happy to join Milan :)

It's looking more and more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

€100 million, you can buy Aston Villa for that, ok ok I know Ronaldinho would beat them on his own but still seriously like €100 million thats mad.

Although I'm sure his image is worth a lot to a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seaneh wrote:
    Carlo Ancelotti on romurs involving Milan in the transfer yesterday evening:

he will not come to the Milan because with him we would have to modify our taticts. For us at the moment it would be easier to sign Ronaldinho... Ronaldinho would not be a problem "

And according corriere dello sport, tutto sport and other Italian and spanish new papers, Ronaldinho would be happy to join Milan :)

It's looking more and more likely.

I assume the first perosn you are referring to was Cristiano Ronaldo ? your post doesnt make any sense other wise seaneh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No way will Ronnie leave Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

heheheh funny thread this.

Everyone says Sheva going to Chelsea, Seaneh says no everyone laughs Sheva goes.

Seaneh says Milan to bid for Ronnie, everyone laughs...where does Ronnie go?

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if he went, its a step up in stature and money but on the pitch its a step down for him as he be marked to death.

kdjac

To be honest I'd rather Milan didn't sign him.

for 100million we could get everything we need to make our squad as good as anyone else, a striker, goal keeper, right back and centre back, have chance to buy a few youth players and pay a few refs (haha!!) and about the marking, in italy you usually have even more space than in spain (amazing I know, spanish players dont seem to understand marking, hence "zonal" systems) so he'd be amazing, but it's too much money, nobody is worth it!

Seaneh wrote:
    It's football, stuff happens.
    Milan are historically the bigger club, they are a richer club and they have more transfer clout.

It probably won't happen, but it's not impossible.

Just incase any of you are thinking I've fooled myself into thinking this is 100% going to happen... I'm not even sure we'll bid for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The cost of players is just ridiculous at this stage...what happens if Ronaldinho breaks his leg and has to retire early??? Early retirement came to another Milan player in the 90s..Lentini. It was a world record transfer at the time, didnt amount to much...

• Advertisement

Rockee wrote:
    The cost of players is just ridiculous at this stage...what happens if Ronaldinho breaks his leg and has to retire early??? Early retirement came to another Milan player in the 90s..Lentini. It was a world record transfer at the time, didnt amount to much...

Lentini didn't retire, infact he was still playing the season before last, he just never played as well again so milan let him leave.

If he breaks his leg and has to retire Milan would be covered by umpteen insurence policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Seaneh wrote:
    Lentini didn't retire, infact he was still playing the season before last, he just never played as well again so milan let him leave.

If he breaks his leg and has to retire Milan would be covered by umpteen insurence policies.

Yes thats right actually, my mistake!

Rockee wrote:
    Yes thats right actually, my mistake!

He did however miss about the same lenght from that injury as Redondo did just after he joined Milan (about 2 and a half years) but Redondo was injured in training, Lentini crashed his ferrari, which he had bought with his sign on fee... ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ha Ha Ha, the rumour in Italy has always been that Lentini was scoring Toto Schillaci's wife.

I'm not saying that his brakes 'failed' or anything:D but you have to love those Italians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

TBH they would make that money back in a couple of years in sponsorship, image rights and shirt sales. They would immediately bring in hundreds of thousands of new fans who love to see Ronaldinho play. And that would generate revenue. And he is one of the best players in the world to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why would Ronaldinho join a team out of the Champions League with a national league in chaos?

I will post naked pictures of myself in the gay/lesbian forum if Ronaldinho leaves Barcelona this season, it won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Also, why would you want Ronaldinho when you have Kaka?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

PHB wrote:

because milan play with a midfield diamond formation and this:

............kaka
    ronaldinho.........pirlo
    ...........gattuso

beats this:

............kaka
    seedorf...........pirlo
    ...........gattuso

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:

I think the story was originally printed that if kaka was to leave for real, ronaldhino would be the player they would want to replace him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ronaldinho has played up front with Barca and Brazil in a 4 4 2 with Eto or Adriano/Ronaldo.

Just as effectice creativley just dont expect him to win any headers.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

If the offer was made, I'd say it was considered for a nanosecond with Barca being nearly 150 million in debt. It won't happen though, Laporta and the rest of the board are up for re-election in early September, and there would be no surer way of getting themselves voted out than selling Ronaldinho.

Barcelona are supposed to have some set of youngsters though if they ever needed to replace him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojan_Krki%C4%87

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_dos_Santos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well yes Milan are one of the richest clubs in teh world but they are also one of the best run. They would never spend 100m on Ronnie, its just not the policy of the club.

There are also other areas that need a bit of work. Namely defense and a replacement for Seedorf.

But surely it would make good business sense, I reckon that the shirt sales alone in the first year would make up 25% of the fee and then anything that they win as a result of having another of the worlds best players in the squad. Over a five year deal they would probably break even on him and could prob still sell after three years if they decided to for a sizable sum of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

They signed Daniel Bonera from Parma last week. Decent defender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PHB wrote:
    I think that question should be why would you pay €100m for Ronnie when you have Kaka. :) Ronaldinho is the best player in the world and nobody would turn him down at a reasonable price relative to their budget.

JPA wrote:
    Why would Ronaldinho join a team out of the Champions League with a national league in chaos?
    I am not sure what team you are talking about but it is certainly not AC, they are playing against the winners of the cork game next week.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=407287&CPID=5&clid=120&lid=2&title=MILAN+GET+GREEN+LIGHT+FOR+EUROPE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

kippy wrote:
    More tabloid and general nonsense.
    What if its true and they actually bid 100 million for a player?
    Galway United could also bid 100 million for him-with the same chance of Barca accepting and the same chance of the player himself wanting to move.
    Crap either released by the Milan board to apease fans or just made up.

Not Fair to be comparing Galway United to AC Milan, One team is a highly succesfull, superstar drenched rollercoaster ride of football while the other has just been deducted points for a match fixing scandal.

Also when Galway United do put in their bid they will also have the added attractions of CP's and Halo on a saturday night. What multi million pund party boy wouldn't want to move to Galway UTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I am not sure what team you are talking about but it is certainly not AC, they are playing against the winners of the cork game next week.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=407287&CPID=5&clid=120&lid=2&title=MILAN+GET+GREEN+LIGHT+FOR+EUROPE

Sorry. I had my crystal ball turned off yesterday.

JPA wrote:
    Sorry. I had my crystal ball turned off yesterday.
    No problem, just don't let it happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Can't see Ronaldinho leaving Barca. Why would he? He has it all there. Why go to Italy? He'd be an eejit to go and I can't see it. Anyway, no player is woth 100 million euro. Not even him.

Advertisement