Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invitations or Ear plugs....

Options
  • 31-07-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Well isnt Charlesland the spot for the auld late night 'Back Garden Get Together' when the weather is grand! The question is... do you get an invite or do you get out your ear plugs when it comes to zz time!:D I think it should be invites all round! I also think its very conscientious when people put wee notices into the neighbours houses saying sorry in advance for an upcoming shindig (how cheesy would it be to throw in a set of ear plugs with the note!:D )
    Here's hoping for more sunny evenings and hey, maybe the get togethers should be outside on the greens where everyone can join in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Well if you want to set the precedent, feel free!

Totally agree with you by the way. The acoustics are incredible. If my neighbour is having a conversation on their mobile at 4:30 in the morning while sitting on a chair in their garden, I can hear every word!

We're all in the same boat, surely everyone can demonstrate common sense and courtesy and take the party indoors after maybe 2 a.m.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 B.Rubble

Totally agree.

I reckon the good weather has brought with it a bit of a carnival atmosphere.

In particular the full blown sing-a-long to Alanis Morissette's album on staruday night in the Wood by some party nearby at about 2.30am was a class act. Would love to play them back a tape of it.

Thought it was hilarious, but then again we dont have any nippers to worry about.

Damn! Sorry I missed that.

If only I wasn't partying in somebody else's garden til 4:30... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

B.Rubble wrote:
    Totally agree.

I reckon the good weather has brought with it a bit of a carnival atmosphere.

In particular the full blown sing-a-long to Alanis Morissette's album on staruday night in the Wood by some party nearby at about 2.30am was a class act. Would love to play them back a tape of it.

Thought it was hilarious, but then again we dont have any nippers to worry about.

I fell asleep after they murderd Mundy's "July"

wicklowdub wrote:
    I fell asleep after they murderd Mundy's "July"
    Well it's August now, thank God!

• Advertisement
Advertisement