Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outer Ring Road Hell! (semi hell)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Roen wrote:
    Old Tramore road should be Couse Bridge roundabout, plus there's another wrong I think, not sure which. The Lacken road doesn't have a roundabout, it's that big flyover thing.

Cheers, so is that all the roundabouts then? :)

btw., you can change this stuff yourself if you want to you know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Couse Bridge roundabout is the stupidest name, I actually e-mailed the council about it (amoung other ORR issues).

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Couse Bridge roundabout is the stupidest name, I actually e-mailed the council about it (amoung other ORR issues).

Mike.

Never heard of it myself. What do ye think of 'Williamstown/Farranshoneen'? Leave as is or knock it back to one or the other. I'm not a driver and I'm not in Ireland so ye'll have to let me know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote:
    Cream crackers - knackers.

Mike.

I think the modern term is "socially mobile grouping":eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Managed to snap this at the Dunmore Rd, Passage Rd mini roundabout

TailbackforDunmoreraod.jpg

The cars on the right are not parked! The tailback was 2km to the ORR. Why do people just sit there knowing what they know? I'd go via Johnstown and the airport road to ORR.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Good lord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    I'd go via Johnstown and the airport road to ORR.

Mike.

Shhhh.. Mike.. You'll send all the traffic over to my nice relatively clear route home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Roen wrote:
    Ahhh I knew it would come in handy one day ;)
    ffsio2.jpg

Roen, you are a legend... I forgot to thank you for that wonderful piece of photography.

I have a few photos of that myself, buried away somewhere. Our smart-ass spraypainter also wrote "Tall Ships me b0llocks!" and "Open dis b1tch" on the barriers. Hehehe...

Still no move on opening that section of road though, it seems...

They are still installing curbing and drains etc on the new section, but I don't think it should be too long before its ready (not holding brealth you'll notice).

Mike..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Extract from this week Munster-Express (Views from the Brasscock Column)
    ========================================================
    There has been much comment recently from all quarters on the new traffic pressure points created by the new Ring Road. While it has been a most welcome, great piece of road infrastructure, it has generated those pressure points to a greater extent than was anticipated, I’d say. The problems have been merely moved say some. Some evenings at rush hour the queue trying to access the Williamstown Roundabout can be backed all the way to the Folly lights! I also am reading of reports as to the extent of tailbacks at the Tramore/Ballindud Roundabout. I think that flyovers will have to be considered at one or both of those junctions. They finally admitted in Cork a couple of years ago that this was the only feasible solution for the Kinsale Road Roundabout - I drove it last week and yes, it works!
    ========================================================
    If enough people start complaining and the media backs it.. it can be done!!!

• Advertisement

Well lets hope they do it then.

The new section between N25 and Old Kilmeaden Road is finished but its not going to open to regular traffic for a while I reckon, right now its simply being used for moving dump trucks of earth between the big dig above Doneen and
    the bypass section going down to the river edge. A truck is entering or leaving that site every minute it seems.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The new section is still not open. There were calls from various people in both this week's and last week's News & Star asking for that new stretch to open. What's the problem with opening it? Anyone any idea?

Is it the sort of thing that a minister needs to be there to open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Doubt it...Unless it is for exclusive use of Celtic Roads Group who are constructing the City Bypass...

They are ploughing on s-l-o-w-l-y with the installation of the lights and pavement - I rekcon they should have it done by next summer! :rolleyes:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

mike65 wrote:
    They are ploughing on s-l-o-w-l-y with the installation of the lights and pavement - I rekcon they should have it done by next summer! :rolleyes:

Mike.

the amount of times i wanted to go out that road.i felt like opeing the gate and driving across:eek: u know coming home from dunmore late at nite reach the n25 and suddenly you get a hunger i want to go out to clayboy for some chips:D it will be great when they do open it though.the fella with the spray paint should paint on the road 60km/h me bollix:D now that would be funny:o

Advertisement