Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on hiphop.ie logo

Options
  • 31-07-2006 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hello folks

I got great feedback on romance.ie 's logo, so I am asking for your help again :D

HipHop.ie

Feedback please, the res is not great I just cut it from a draft

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think it needs to be funkified by at least another 40%.
    The pose of the breakdancer guy is a bit unfortunate aswell... it looks like he slipped on a banana peel then fell out a window and is just about to fall into a man-hole... I swear, that's all I can see when I look at that now.
    "The Irish HipHop Website" tagline is a bit lame IMO, not sure if it's just a placeholder at this stage, but it sounds dull and lacks effort.
    As a whole, I feel the logo takes itself too seriously... I find myself asking - "Where's the love?".
    Well tom-thebox... where is the love?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

By falling down that manhole he's getting totally served, you need to back that sh*t up, put a hot mic in his hand and get him dropping beats like theres no social security.

ps. needs more bling.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he should be line dancing not break dancing...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

You say it's .ie but when i see the hiphopper i see the three legged crest of the Isle of Man

Might confuse some people

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I think its fine - maybe try a different font for hiphop.ie. Maybe a graffiti style font (might be over used though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

This logo design neets to exude an empathy with the spirit and essence of hip hop. I can't help but feel that you are restricting yourself by only thinking of designs within the digital medium. In particular for something like Hip Hop, a logo needs to be overtly free-spirited and imperfect. I suggest you scrap what you have so far and istead of starting in photoshop and designing it around the constraints of that piece of software you should get paper and charcoal and let the design flow. It is very difficult to create a graphic fusion between rhythm and culture, so dont be too worried that this attempt didnt work out.

And remember - photoshop is not a design tool, it is a tool for expressing what has already been designed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, you really need to design a better character for the logo first of all. Similarities with the Isle Of Man crest, and some bloke falling down a man-hole aside, I think it could overtly alienate those who can't break-dance. I mean, do you want it to look like it's a dance club? Likewise, suggestions of a character with a mic could equally alienate people who don't sing or preform.

You need to show empathy and focus towards the fans; The people who actually listen to the music, not the preformers. Show something transcendental, that is all-encompasing and inclusive, not something exclusive.

Now, for the actual logo itself, I find it's far, far too rigid. This kind of typeface is fine for the clubbing.ie logo, which has emphasis on a musical style that consists of extremely rigid beats, but Hip Hop is not that mechanical. You need something more freeflowing, and as such I agree 100% with what Truckle has said. I think it's this digital medium that is lending itself to the overly rigid style of the logo.

Advertisement