Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions on what to do in my first two weeks in eve?

Options
  • 31-07-2006 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, I'm trying out eve with the two week trial and I'm just looking for some guidance on things to try out for the first two weeks? Should I go an do mining or should I go and fight, follow the storyline?

Anyway my character name is VoidStar, look forward to meeting you in eve.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the tutorial...its really useful, far more then any other game i've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

instead of mining just do some missions.. find your agent and go on from there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Dont go for a destroyer, its a marked improvement at the start but its a huge cost for a beginer... instead skill up frigates to level 2 or 3 and get the next rank frigate in for your race. Then do some missions, and skill up your learning skills.

Oh and the "When worlds collide" mission can be done with a good afterburner and long range rail guns/missiles. Just be patient. Alternatively bring a friend or just reject the horrid thing ;)

Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

try not reject missions, you will lose out.
    after you finish the tutorial you should have enough cash to fit a destroyer so i would advise getting one. train destroyers to 1 and then continue to train your gunnery skills.

the cormorant is my favorite destroyer, it comes in handy if you train low end missile skills and put defenders in a rocket launcher. the fast rate of fire means you can take on several rocket firing ships at a time. (defenders are anti-missile-missiles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

Thirty Million skill points and over three years of playing experience to my name and the best advice I can give you is be patient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement