Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT overhauled, slightly...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

How have the rules regarding indicators been 'relaxed'? Sounds vague to me. Will some people fail and some people pass for the same fault?

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd assume they've just increased the acceptable margin of error for the relevant parts of the test? I've heard so many complaints about the headlight alignment thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

That all sounds pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Stephen wrote:
    I'd assume they've just increased the acceptable margin of error for the relevant parts of the test? I've heard so many complaints about the headlight alignment thing.

True, but I don't think headlight alignment is one of the items in question is it? I thought it was only number plate lighting and indicator lighting (i.e. how 'orange' they appear to be). If there was never a measurement applied in the first place, how can something like that be 'relaxed'?

DC.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dcGT wrote:
    If there was never a measurement applied in the first place, how can something like that be 'relaxed'?
    It was (is?) entirely down to the person testing the car and therefore there could be no way of ensuring consistent testing on this issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement