Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car heating problem

Options
  • 31-07-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Folks,
    Stumped on this one - perhaps someone could dig me out

I have a standard Avensis 2lt diesel burner (99) and the drivers side of the car heats up. It appears the heat is travelling along the steeting column - it doesent appear to be the in- car heater etc.

I can't see any heater pipes touching the metal etc - anyone with a diagnosis please - before I'm reduced to a puddle!!

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

is it the drivers side of the car or the steering column that heats up.
    Is there a warm/hot draught or is it simply the metal shaft and tubing of the steering column is heating up.

If the column shafting, etc.
    2 possibilities I might look at.
    Teh switch contacts of the ignition switch are overheating.

You have a gas leak in the exhaust that blasts straight onto the outside end of the steering shafts and the heat is traveling up the shaft. or it could be a missing heat shield off the turbo, allowing heat to get to the steering rack and shafting. The turbo os low on teh rear side of the engine, right?.

Advertisement