Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help an Englishman to enjoy Ireland

Options
  • 31-07-2006 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've got seven days starting tomorrow, the first of August. I'm staying in County Down with my girl, we have combined age of 60. I'm not really looking for evening activities, more stuff to do in the day. I'm thinking we will spend most of our time in the North, around C'Down and Belfast... with perhaps one day down to Dublin.

The sum of our parts means we have four legs; 1.2 of a cultured person; one point five curious persons; a couple of hundred quid; and one very handsome man (me!!! :rolleyes: ).

Any thoughts on what to do... oh, and we have a dog, though that can stay at the house if needs be.

Thanks all. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

Puzzle wrote:
    I've got seven days starting tomorrow, the first of August. I'm staying in County Down with my girl, we have combined age of 60. I'm not really looking for evening activities, more stuff to do in the day. I'm thinking we will spend most of our time in the North, around C'Down and Belfast... with perhaps one day down to Dublin.

The sum of our parts means we have four legs; 1.2 of a cultured person; one point five curious persons; a couple of hundred quid; and one very handsome man (me!!! :rolleyes: ).

Any thoughts on what to do... oh, and we have a dog, though that can stay at the house if needs be.

Thanks all. :)

Dude'r your best friend in this situation is really google. Given the time scale :) And word of mouth when you come over.

In the North you could do Portrush and go see the Giants causeway. Sounds like you have a camper van for some reason? Possibly the dog :D So I'd suggest going to Derry City. Then you are close to Donegal which is a fantastic County for panoramic views.

If you want to do the whole County Down thing well there is not that much. Though you could travel the East coast. Tbh Ireland does have many nice places but very few outstanding ones To explain that a tad better In England there are many famous land marks. London alone has a few. Palaces, bridges etc. Dublin has the Spike and is known for the Guiness factory. Paris has the Eiffel Tower. We have Guiness factory.

But there are alot of sights. Just not overly great.

Belfast is ok btw but infairness the shopping is pretty much like any English town.

anyways...

http://www.nitb.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=722

I hope you have a good trip and I am sure you will easily have the craic. That we do well. Bring your drinking socks!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g186591-Ireland-Vacations.html

is a good site sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Puzzle

Thanks Sid.:)

No camper van btw, though that would be :cool: well, if it was a big one. Anyway.. plane.. house-sit.. inherit dog and horses.. keep them alive for one week.. return house and animals intact, save for a few bottles of wine and the contents of the freezer.

See you all tomorrow! :D

Advertisement