Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new series, recommendations wanted.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Rei-chan wrote:
    Yugioh, BeyBlade, Pokemon

Are we talking about anime, or 20 minute long advertisments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

We're talking about eye beams.

:D

It's Seizureific!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Omg sexy liek.
    I don't especially enjoy those anime...But some people do...Especially people with only cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

You want to know when the next Ergo Proxy is out? Ask the fansubber. Then cut & paste their response here, minus the profanity if you are squeamish.

Standard fansubber response to these questions is an irate rant, followed by a banning.

Certainly nobody else can tell you when the next release is out, and Geneon don't schedule that far ahead (DVD 1 scheduled for US release in November)

Basically don't ask here, we can only answer rumours with even wierder rumours, and [shinsen] have become highly erratic with most of their releases lately for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sharingan wrote:
    Basically don't ask here, we can only answer rumours with even wierder rumours, and [shinsen] have become highly erratic with most of their releases lately for whatever reason.
    they just seem to be taking too many series on at the same time.
    They should be up to episode 43 of Blood+ by now, but have only done as far as 38.

Blood+ is my recommendation btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I watched all of Elfen Lied over the weekend and I enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty voilent, which is something I haven't really seen in an anime in a good while.

Only 13 episodes though, and it ends abruptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I watched all of Elfen Lied over the weekend and I enjoyed it a lot. It's pretty voilent, which is something I haven't really seen in an anime in a good while.

Only 13 episodes though, and it ends abruptly.

Im watching it now, I hope he doesn't get it on with his cousin (or do I....).

TomCo wrote:
    Ha.. I don't think they are blood related... I think there's an off hand comment in there somewhere about that.

tman wrote:
    they just seem to be taking too many series on at the same time.
    They should be up to episode 43 of Blood+ by now, but have only done as far as 38.

A five episode slip is nothing to worry about. Have some feeling for the pining Gakuen Alice fans, or the misery of the Eureka 7 fans, where there is a distinct possibility that the R1 releases will lap the fansubbers.

I don't know whats going on with Shinsen. They used to be a speedsubber, and now that they can't deliever it looks like they lost staff in droves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

TomCo wrote:

Yeah, that's quite worrying.

Well in episode 3 or 4 she just says out of the blue to him 'Do you want to suck on my soft breasts'

I started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night... it's really good, too bad I didn't know about it on Monday or I would have played that brilliant theme tune from 'The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina' on the radio show.

How can you be cousins and not be blood related? :P
    I started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night... it's really good, too bad I didn't know about it on Monday or I would have played that brilliant theme tune from 'The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina' on the radio show.

Theres two great songs in one of the later episodes. I won't spoil anything by telling you about them. You'll know when you see it :)

sharingan wrote:
    A five episode slip is nothing to worry about. Have some feeling for the pining Gakuen Alice fans, or the misery of the Eureka 7 fans, where there is a distinct possibility that the R1 releases will lap the fansubbers.

I don't know whats going on with Shinsen. They used to be a speedsubber, and now that they can't deliever it looks like they lost staff in droves.
    I thought there were only 50 episodes of Eureka 7... and i seem to have access to all of those already:confused:
    (or are we talking in past tense here)

Not too worried about Blood+ at the moment, I still have another 12 eps to get through before i run out. (but judging by the viewing spree i've been on for the past few days, that's only 2-3 days worth of episodes:p )

tman wrote:
    I thought there were only 50 episodes of Eureka 7... and i seem to have access to all of those already:confused:
    (or are we talking in past tense here)

You have stolen scripts. Nanashi have only released up to episode 42.

Yes thats right - the show was fully translated as of 2-4 months ago at least, yet their other staff have barely QCed/edited half the remaining episodes since the leak.

sharingan wrote:
    You have stolen scripts. Nanashi have only released up to episode 42.
    Never said that I had them...

Shinsen are up to ep 42 of Blood+ now btw (possibly a couple more since I checked this morning)

tman wrote:
    Never said that I had them...

It was implied in what you said. The only complete fansubs are by a group called [bizarro-nanashi] who stole their scripts from Nanashi.

The only other subs that exist for the last few episodes are possibly european language fansubs, and HK rips.

Yea its a bit class. Any info on when the fansubs are going past ep 14?. The waiting is killing me:(

In case you or anyone doesn't know, a sub group called Pino no Usagi have released episodes 15 and 16 and plan to do the rest of the series.

Advertisement