Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rifle License

Options
  • 31-07-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

i got my gun renewal form last week but i must say i was a little disappointed that the new licence for a .22 has yet to make an apperance. is it usually the case that they do the renewals first and then issue the new licences? if so, will it take much longer to arrive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I got a renewal for the old rifle a .22 WMR not the new .22LR that I am in the process of buying from the North, I guess they are just busy this time of the year and stuff like importing and new licences just gets put on the back burner until they sort the easy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

When did you apply for the .22? Ive been told that if you apply to close to the renewals date it can get bogged down, like for my first shotgun which I applied for in early August and recieved in November! Having said that my .22 licence was back in two weeks, possibly thanks to a helpful Seargent in my local station.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

it was sent in around the 11th july or so. the sarge said that there was no point in payin for the annual fee for 2weeks of shooting before having to renew (makes sense i know!) my first shotgun licence took about 3weeks to come in..

CJhaughey, very true about getting bogged down with the renewals first. went to the station last nite to pick up the renewed O/U licence and the sarge mentioned they have quite a lot of paperwork to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

I think I sent mine in only a couple of weeks before that, didnt have to pay for the 2005/2006 season either! Have you tried ringing the licencing section in the firearms dept in phoenix park they can usually update you on what stage its at. PM me if you want the no.

Advertisement