Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time Jobs in Limerick City

Options
  • 31-07-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

i was just wondering if there are any shops in Limerick looking for part-time staff lately because im looking for a part-time job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

good luck to you, just keep knocking till you find someplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jean05

Hi
    There's a cafe down by Donkey Fords looking for staff but whether they're full-time or part-time I'm not sure

I was talking to that guy last week actually when I went for breakfast there, he's not looking for summer staff, just permanent, but it's worth a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kenneth1512001

does anybody out there have friends or relatives working in smyths, argos or gamestop because i want to know whether they are looking for part-time staff. Does any1 know of Dunnes stores looking for part-time staff on the childers road...THANKS!!!......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Dunnes are allways looking for people, fill out a few aplication forms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Good luck. In Storm cinema we get about 4 C.V.s a day and they're not even hiring people at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Argos are hiring at 8.50 (or something like that) an hour, part time too

thanks every1...let me know if ye find out if der are any more part-time jobs available around the city...which argos are you talkinh bout limerickman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

As far as I know there's been a sign up in Rio's Chipper in Castletroy at the Kilmurry Roundabout for God knows how long.

I'm workin in Roches and there's a pile of unread CV's about 2 feet high,

There's a reason Dunnes are always looking for staff, because they'll treat u like ****e

• Advertisement

what time is the best time to apply for a job...like time of year because it actually seems impossible to get a job now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

September for 2 reasons!

No.1 Students are going back to School and College.

No.2 Shops are looking for Extra Staff for the Christmas Period.

For a Summer job it's probably late Jan/ Early Feb to give enough time for your CV to get to the top of the pile and allow for training

alrite thanks every1 and keep me posted if you have any more info on places looking for staff..thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

If you're still looking Vistakon out near Annacotty are looking for people. It's not part time work but there's plenty of time off. You didn't say if you were a student or not but if you are the type of work definately wouldn't suit.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Moving down to Limerick in next couple of weeks to sort myself out with a job for college time. I've worked in JJB before but don't think I'll be going back there, pay and hours were good but everything else was baa-aad. So any suggestions, i'm actually going down tomorrow to fire out a pile of cds to whoever wants them (or not), hope something turns up, i need beer money :p

i find it soo hard to get a job here...it seems like nobody inside the shops even read the cvs even thought they are looking for staff..Does anybody have any advice or tips on how to get a part-time job because it seems impossible to me and im mad to get a job but it might look bad because im only in sixth yr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i find it soo hard to get a job here...it seems like nobody inside the shops even read the cvs even thought they are looking for staff..Does anybody have any advice or tips on how to get a part-time job because it seems impossible to me and im mad to get a job but it might look bad because im only in sixth yr.

just ask to speak to the manager and dont leave untill he takes your cv and knows you are a serious worker

Advertisement