Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest rates

Options
  • 31-07-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the bank today. While the staffer was off looking for a brochure, I had a (er ... quick) look at their list of deposit interest rates. The official rate was something like 1.28% - the unofficial rate was 3.18%. How does one get the unofficial rate?

Also who lists the rates from different banks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Victor wrote:

Also who lists the rates from different banks?

http://www.finfacts.com/Private/dip_rate/demand.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>How does one get the unofficial rate?
    become an employee of the bank? AFAIK employees enjoy attractive interest rates on the range of bank "products"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What do you mean by "unofficial" rate - was this the term used on what you saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think it was termed the "maximum rate". Speaking to someone else they were suddenly offering 2.5% from the same rate sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mar 25

Is That All You Are Worring About Come On Ther Is Worse Going On In The World

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

mar 25 wrote:
    Is That All You Are Worring About Come On Ther Is Worse Going On In The World

LOL, troll alert, but just in case here is a post to answer it. there is always something more important going on somewhere else in the world, sure why do we even go to work maybe we should dedicate ourselves to solving the famine problem in africa, but alas we live in the real world, people are interested in what affects themselves on a daily basis, and understandably so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

tiered interest rates?

i.e. rate increases depending on the balance in the deposit account.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,372 ✭✭✭✭Victor

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    tiered interest rates? i.e. rate increases depending on the balance in the deposit account.
    No, it was within tiers.

Oddly AIB online appears to have the best rate, bettering even Northern Rock.

Advertisement