Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows xp keyboard layouts...

• 31-07-2006 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

My version of windows xp doesn't have the "irish" keyboard layout and the @ sign is on "shift+2" , and the " is on "shift+@" (which needs to be pressed twice for some reason to get the first one [and the second one!] to come up!) because i'm now set to US.

It started as a minor inconvenience and just really got on my nerves!!

Does anyone know how I can get this layout online?

I tried using "Keyboard Layout Creator" to create the layout from scratch but I just get an error when i try to build a dll and setup package:

CL.EXE returned 1
    RC.EXE returned 1
    LINK.EXE returned 1

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    -J

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Why don't you just set it up for the UK keyboard layout which is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackerski

feylya wrote:
    Why don't you just set it up for the UK keyboard layout which is the same.

I don't think it is - Alt-Gr plus any vowel will give you an acute accent on the Irish keyboard. But I've never seen a version of Windows XP that didn't have the Irish layout. Jonathanpbk, do you mean that the Irish layout isn't installed or that it isn't offered to you when you look to install a new layout?

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

thanks for the quick replies!

actually, my version of xp is an extremely cut down version called Lamerxp and it doesnt even have the uk layout anyway!!

its not included on the disc or in the install.

k, so anyone else have any ideas!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

so anyone else have any ideas!?
    yeah -
    go out and buy a copy of XP.

Legit versions come with keyboard drivers.

Just because you consider something to be extortionately priced doesn't give you the right to use the SW without paying the microsoft Tax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement