Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion

Options
  • 01-08-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Just a brief suggestion...

Any way that a moderator can have the "moderator" tagline appear only on their own boards and have some generic/other tagline appear on other boards?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You can change your own tagline.

Personally, I like my silver stars and bold username, so I wouldn't like that to be changed.

I do see the point in not having the word "moderator" under your username from the point of view of new users getting confused, but people usually work out fairly quickly that moderators only have a few fora in which they have any sway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You can change your own tagline.

No, I can't. My subscription ran out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You don't really explain the reasons for this suggestion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose so people don't give the, "He is a mod here and should be an upstanding virtue of wonderous light that comes out of Jesus' ass" line when he does not mod the particular forum at all, being a regular member of it. He may also assme they will not/can not read
    Mod: Portable Media Players, Theatre / Performing Arts

Otherwise, why Bard?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I like the spirit of the idea.

But I can still pretty much guarantee you that it will make piss all difference on other boards. People will still complain about moderators setting a bad example when giving abuse on feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bad example my arse.
    I think the moderator tag is less less of an issue with boards getting so big and there being more mods and more users in general.

seamus wrote:
    I like the spirit of the idea.

But I can still pretty much guarantee you that it will make piss all difference on other boards. People will still complain about moderators setting a bad example when giving abuse on feedback.

SCREW YOU!

I suppose so people don't give the, "He is a mod here and should be an upstanding virtue of wonderous light that comes out of Jesus' ass" line when he does not mod the particular forum at all, being a regular member of it.

Essentially yes, cheers. Thanks for articulating my thoughts for me.
    He may also assme they will not/can not read

It's not the fact that you're a mod of particular forums, more so just the fact that you're a mod in general that gets peoples attention generally.
    Otherwise, why Bard?

Meh, dunno. Was just a thought. At least it provoked some, uh... 'debate'.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

amp wrote:
    SCREW YOU!
    I'd like to complain about amp setting a bad example. He's a moderator, ffs.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

oscarBravo wrote:
    I'd like to complain about amp setting a bad example. He's a moderator, ffs.
    I'd like to complain about oscarBravo complaining about another mod. It disturbs our CONSPIRATORIAL UNITED FRONT image.

Edit: I like Bards idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

CuLT wrote:
    I'd like to complain about oscarBravo complaining about another mod. It disturbs our CONSPIRATORIAL UNITED FRONT image.

I agree...stuff like this should only be on the Mod forum or in a wrestling ring.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bard wrote:
    It's not the fact that you're a mod of particular forums, more so just the fact that you're a mod in general that gets peoples attention generally.
    What I meant by that was, do you want the fora you moderate to show up outside your fora, under your name or would they be removed as well?

What I meant by that was, do you want the fora you moderate to show up outside your fora, under your name or would they be removed as well?

Yes, I suppose logic dictates that that would follow my original suggestion... which I kinda take back, now, after thinking more on it. Ah well!

CuLT wrote:

Edit: I like Bards idea.

I'd like to complain about all these complaints. I've got a hangover.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

amp wrote:
    stfu n00b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Would it be out of the question to allow moderators to edit their own user titles, or is this still going to be a shiny feature of being a subscriber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

amp wrote:

I'd like to complain about amp's hangover. What kind of example is that to be setting to the children of boards.ie?

Advertisement