Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confusion...

• 01-08-2006 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Met this great girl kinda through work, spoke to her in e-mail then after a while, so i gave my number and said that i'd be around where she is before i head off on hols.

So she txt me that night and we got chattin. I then asked her if she'd like to go for a drink when i got back. She agreed.

We went for a few drinks sunday night and we had a really good night, i didn't push it to far so we both went home seperately, she kissed mefor a min before gettin into the taxi and that was it.

The next morning when i woke up (about 12) i checked my phone and she had txt me at 9.30 telling me thanks for the night etc, so i txt back a coupla times and that was that, we were chatn last night then via text and i asked her if she'd like to meet up again, and she said that she didn't want to get into anythin at the moment!

So was i reading everything completely wrong, she seemed pretty up for it until i asked, a lot of txts etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

maybe she likes the company, but just doesnt want a relationship. you didnt read anything wrong, but i think maybe she's the one thats confused. Just txt her and say thats grand, drinks as friends is fine by you...(or is it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah goin on a date is goin on a date but 2 dates is the start of something...

i think thats whats she's seeing there

if u wanna be around her try being friends and if she likes u maybe she will want to get into something..

or not either way u get to spend me with someone u like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

yeah it's a tough one. she did kiss me.. like properly kiss me before she got in the taxi. so i dunno what that meant. and she txt me first thing as soon as she got to work the next day. maybe i just said it to soon or something, maybe she thought i was ugly eh! =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

oceansize wrote:
    i checked my phone and she had txt me at 9.30 telling me thanks for the night etc,

Wouldn't give up on her just yet, seems like she had a nice time with you. Agree to meet up again as mates, no pressure that way for either of you and see how it goes :)

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Wouldn't give up on her just yet, seems like she had a nice time with you. Agree to meet up again as mates, no pressure that way for either of you and see how it goes :)

Well she lives 2 and a half hours away from me, but she seemed to be interested, and she's seding me nice long e-mails today... You think i may have a chance? i was the perfect gentleman, was well dressed, there were no akward moments, she was leaning in and touching me, we have lots of stuff inb common, maybe she just freaked a bit or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

maybe she likes u but had bad past relationships and see's u guys working and it scares her

oceansize wrote:
    Well she lives 2 and a half hours away from me, but she seemed to be interested, and she's seding me nice long e-mails today... You think i may have a chance? i was the perfect gentleman, was well dressed, there were no akward moments, she was leaning in and touching me, we have lots of stuff inb common, maybe she just freaked a bit or something?

Yeah deffo, just take it nice and slow and leave arrangements for the next meeting pretty loose, i.e. "have to hook up again if I'm round your way soon....." Not "when are we meeting again....." Just keep it nice casual and maintain contact, deffo sounds interested from what you say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Yeah deffo, just take it nice and slow and leave arrangements for the next meeting pretty loose, i.e. "have to hook up again if I'm round your way soon....." Not "when are we meeting again....." Just keep it nice casual and maintain contact, deffo sounds interested from what you say ;)

yeah, i agree with this, keep it very casual. If ye are 2 and a half hours apart , she may feel like a relationship with that distance would be difficult. I know i would be wary getting into anything with a distance like that incase i really fell for the guy and couldnt see him as much as i'd like to, it would be kinda lonely..

Ok thanks, so how should i proceed? Just keep e-mailing her some casual stuff. In her txt last night she said something like "but that doesn't mean we can't catch up next time you're in ***** <--- insert town here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Oceansize-

you were posting about lacking confidence to speak to women not so long ago, so hats off for doing something about it.

Dont analyse everything that happens. Chalk this up as a learning curve. If she is balking at date # 2, she aint what you want from the sounds of things. By the sounds of things, you want someone you can spend some time with who might reciprocate what you feel for them, a not uncommon desire.

Advice- keep fishing until you find what it is you are looking for. If this girl hasnt reciprocated about going on date number 2 as you would like her to, go find someone else who does.

K-

• Advertisement

oceansize wrote:
    Ok thanks, so how should i proceed? Just keep e-mailing her some casual stuff. In her txt last night she said something like "but that doesn't mean we can't catch up next time you're in ***** <--- insert town here...

Yep, keep lines of communication open, get to know each other better through emails etc and agree that if you "happen" to be in her town again will deffo give her a bell "if you have an hour or two to spare...." That way you're still keeping options open to see her again but don't come accross as overly needy.;)

Advertisement