Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse in the house

Options
  • 01-08-2006 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Well as it says above I have a mouse, well more likely mice in the house. Spotted one yesterday morning, absolutely tiny little thing. Keep thinking of Tom and Jerry's little mouse so I won't be scared of them but its freaking me out:o . Before I get some traps I remembered someone telling me years ago you can get a plug in thing that lets out a screeching sound that only the mice can hear that deters them. Anyone ever use these and are they any good. Also what price range? Any advice welcome.

Hope this is the right forum, move if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Hi, there have already been many posts on the problem of mice and rats recently. Here are some links:

Keeping mice away

Mice!!

Mice under floorboards

Mice/Rats

Mice in the walls

Getting rid of unwanted rodents

...and finally a mouse joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Cheers Shamrok will check them out :)

Edit: after reading those links think I'll go with the traps and skip on the screeching thingy. Seems a bit expensive when they don't work that well.

Love the joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If all else fails, stand up on a chair and wait for the mouse to go past and then jump right down on top of the poor little thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

i'm pretty sure there are a lot of rat killer out there in the market but i never used it at home...my secret? plain and simple..just get a cat.it sure does work well for me..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

One mistake to avoid, a gent I was speaking to was puzzled at the number of mice he was catching when all they had seen was two, turned out he was using a mouse friendly trap and releasing them in the back garden every morning :D

Cats are Ok but not as much fun as a Jack Russel, I used to release him in the attic and we could hear him running between the joists of the dormer roof :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Get down to your local co-op and buy a bag of poison. It comes in the form of little blue blocks and is very effective although it has to be handled carefully.

Advertisement