Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charlie Bird's car accident report on 6.1 last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

For all the **** driving that goes on, I've never seen any Irish footage on
    Police Camera Action!, World's Wildest Police Videos or those various traffic cops shows on Sky TV. Frankly I'm disappointed as I've seen plenty of worthy shenanigans on our roads. I blame the Irish Government for not providing Police Squad!, sorry, Gardai, with enough vehicle mounted cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Anybody got an e mail address for the Bird we could ask him to come on and defend his report !!!
    sent an email with a link to this thread

to newsonline@rte.ie

i got a reply saying they've forwarded my mail to him (actually they cc'd the reply to him but i wont post his private address)

i basically asked whether he'd had his speedo calibrated and did he think it was safe driving and talking into a camera if i get a reply i'll post it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

sent an email with a link to this thread

to newsonline@rte.ie

i got a reply saying they've forwarded my mail to him (actually they cc'd the reply to him but i wont post his private address)

i basically asked whether he'd had his speedo calibrated and did he think it was safe driving and talking into a camera if i get a reply i'll post it

Hopefully he'll take time out to reply to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

this is the one i was on about earlier tony west: What went through your mind when you were out walking your dog one day a few years back in Kildare when the FCA opend fire with mortars, and how close was the incoming fire to you?.......

Charlie Bird: I wasn't walking a dog but I thought how stupid I was to have taken the wrong turn off the mountain. I now know one has to be more prepared up in the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Shock! Horror! people exceed the unrealistically low speed limits on perfectly safe dual carriageways!

Tingle with excitement as no accidents fatal or otherwise happen on the aforementioned roads!

Cheer as the Gardai crack down on the menace of commuters midly exceeding 50 km/ph limits on the best roads in the country by hiding in a bush and posting out fines!

Ignore the fact that mayhem continues every night on unpoliced, pot-holed, windy country roads!

Dodge the responsibility by blaming drivers rather than our diabolically backward road system!

Nice work Charlie. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

dont forget thanks to or sh*t government

Advertisement