Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to heidelberg, germany

Options
  • 01-08-2006 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I am moving to germany soon and was wondering is it easy to find work with very very little german?? i plan on doing a course when i get over there but i am hoping to get a job asap. Does any1 any places i could apply to now instead of waiting til i got over there??
    All help is much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm not too sure but I went there and its one of the most beautiful cities I've ever come across! :) Best of luck with the job hunting, have you tried looking online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

irishjobs.ie jobs.ie and monster.ie are all good places to search. i havenot come across many jobs there, but there is some bar work in irish pubs if your interested in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 orange.organic

Thanks :D yeah most of them are in german so i'm lost when looking for a job. I didn't even think to look on monster or jobs.ie thanks for that! :D I'm getting straight on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Maybe something in the tourism industry then might be good for you to help English speakers when they go to Germany. I was suprised that a few places we went that they couldn't understand us.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

www.jobpilot.de here you can search for english speaking jobs... We moved to stuttgart a coupleof year ago and it took me 4 months to get a job (english speaking company, my german is terrible)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

The unemployment rate in Germany at the moment is at an all time high so I don't think that you'll be sucessful very quickly. Especially with the lack of German. But Good Luck!

Advertisement