Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CO on the license plate

Options
  • 01-08-2006 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Seen a nice Audi A6 the other day, it had "CO" at the end of the plate, "06 D 1234 co" for example, what does this mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sure it wasn't CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

steve06 wrote:
    Sure it wasn't CD

You know it may have been CD, it was in a kind of 'square' font. I was thinking its some kind of embassy car or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

CD stands for Corps Diplomatique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

gibbon75 wrote:
    CD stands for Corps Diplomatique

ye, when I was a kid I though it stood for Co. Dublin because my friends dad had it on his car and his address was Co. Dublin.... Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Vehicles owned by diplomatic missions or persons enjoying diplomatic privileges and immunities are issued with vehicle registration plates in the same way as those issued to any other vehicle owner. To facilitate recognition of their privileges and immunities embassies and diplomats often incorporate the letters “CD” on their licence plates. However, such licence plates do not of themselves convey any special privileges or immunities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement