Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400 Meter Track in Drogheda?

Options
  • 01-08-2006 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Anyone know of any 400 Meter tracks in Drogheda that are available
    for public/private use? If so where are they, who would one contact re useage etc?
    Particularly are there any on the south side? Or should I move to a country where
    this kind of facility is the norm?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Gees, I guess there are none then. What about the Lourdes stadium? Is that useable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Claremont stadium in Navan is the only 400m track in the North East that I know of... Are there any others??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

Lourdes Stadium unusable at the moment but the borough council have just recieved 500k to refurbish. Glenmore ac are currently building a competition standard tartan track in the north of the county, any other tracks are grass and usually attached to schools. Santry is an option.....

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Thanks for that, just one of those slightly annoying things about living in this 'Rich' country of ours, and they wonder why we don't do better in the
    Olympics etc...Hopefully the lourdes stadium won't take as long to refurb as the swimming pool took to build.

Advertisement