Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main bus station in cork

Options
  • 01-08-2006 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is the main bus station in Cork, the IT or Parnell place?
    Or perhaps somewhere else.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Parnell, AFAIK.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Parnell place, it kinda sucks a bit though. depending on the route you come in by you might be able to hop off round the tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Cheers. Is that in or near the city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Isn't there only one bus station in Cork (Parnell Place)? Aren't the rest of them called bus stops?...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Isn't there only one bus station in Cork (Parnell Place)? Aren't the rest of them called bus stops?...?

I think that pretty much answers that one. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

junii wrote:
    Cheers. Is that in or near the city centre?

Yes it is. Walk along Patrick Street to the river, take a right and it's about 100m down that quay.
    Like most bus stations, it's not somewhere you want to spend a lot of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

At least the toliets have improved in there, bit cleaner and no homeless people living there, lost its 'ambush alley' name tag 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

From experience, I think all bus stations are the same. What is it about them that attracts loopies?

I can understand why they hang around the station in Galway though...the homeless shelter is right next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

same with the cork bus station.. the homeless shelter is down by jury's.. but now that ya have to fork out 20sence to take a piss the homeless are out of there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

At least the toliets have improved in there, bit cleaner and no homeless people living there, lost its 'ambush alley' name tag 2!

i couldnt believe when they got rid of the spy holes in the toliet doors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

junii wrote:
    From experience, I think all bus stations are the same. What is it about them that attracts loopies?

loopies have litle money > people with little money don't use cars > people who don't use cars use buses

Advertisement