Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mitsubishi l200 Pick Up

Options
  • 01-08-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying one of these soon. Has anyone had any experience with them? Good or bad!

I want to get a pick up truck, mainly for asthetic reasons. I love the look of the 4 seat L200, especially with roll bars and search lights.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I was asking about these a while back, well any crewcab really and what ones people recommended.. have to agree they do look good.. but from the responses I got back it kind of put me off them..

See here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054920256&referrerid=59211&highlight=crewcab

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

haven't been in a new one but the old one didn't have too much leg room in the back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

i've never driven one myself. but i heard the old l200 had poor road handling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

They are called pickup-truck for a reason.

And the reason isn't that it's easier to pick up girls in one of them, but that they handle like a truck.

Massive turning circle, lazy acceleration, bouncy unladen ride, no real grip on wet roads on unladen rear wheels ...and then there would be the cramped cabin (no good for picking up girls either:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

peasant wrote:
    and then there would be the cramped cabin (no good for picking up girls either:D )

Surely the flat-bed is for that reason? :D

On topic - if it's only for aesthetics I wouldn't bother, buy a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

I Would Very Highly Reccomend the nissan Navara My father recently took delivery of a new one and they are great! if you are going to get one try and get the latest generation of pickups. these are much more refined and car like than the older ones. the navara has 173 bhp + 400Nm of torque need i say more. it has a 6 speed 'box and is very imposing. if you want a jeep buy a nissan pathfinder they look like tanks and have similar running gear to the navara
    but with coil springs at the rear insted of leafs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Have a look @ the new Izuzu pickup or the Hi-Lux.

I know the Trooper is great for load lugging and has decent seats, the Hi-Lux seems to be getting "car-like" reviews in some quarters.

If you're after it for looks just get a Lexus IS, an X-Type or an A4 instead!!!

*btw, the old L200 was very far from comfortable even on soft fields, and I'll vouch that it's cramped in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've driven one once before, they seem underpowered compared to a Hi-Lux, and as someone else said, there isn't much room for passengers in the back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I drive the Jeep version of the L200 - Pajero Sport. Same running gear, but shocks on the back rather than the L200 leaf springs. Turning circle is pretty damn poor, but it's quick enough to pass the majority of traffic on the motorways (when wound up). Not recommended throwing it in to corners, and can be very interesting in the wet (recently had a "moment" at low speed in 3rd gear around a corner).

General opinion is that the L200 is a bit bouncy, and unless you get fuel expenses, do low mileage, or are in line to inherit millions, it will cost a fortune in fuel. Get almost 600km from a 70 litre tank from mixed driving.

Still -looks good though (always wanted one, but couldn't get insurance as it's classed as a commercial by most insurance companies).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yeh dont throw it into corners i saw one rolled (on its roof) a mate of mine has one and keeps six sandbags in the back to maske it handle better. in the back there is hardly any legroom guess its fine if your towing or offroading (or carrying engines my mates a machanic)
    thats from a none owner driver point of view also pretty thirsty ( the one complaint he has)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Charlie 22 wrote:
    I Would Very Highly Reccomend the nissan Navara My father recently took delivery of a new one and they are great! if you are going to get one try and get the latest generation of pickups. these are much more refined and car like than the older ones. the navara has 173 bhp + 400Nm of torque need i say more. it has a 6 speed 'box and is very imposing.

I have been leaning towards these, they are really nice too. Heavy on the juice I would imagine though! I think I will have to pass on the L200 from reading these reviews, its a shame!

Advertisement