Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Ideas On Decorating A Playroom

Options
  • 01-08-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am in the process of decorating my childrens playroom, having picked the colour scheme which both ourselves and our children agreed on for walls. Does anyone have any ideas on how to jazz up the walls after they have been painted? Any tips on where I could get good stencils, muruals etc. to add a bit of zest to the room and make it more inviting to children.
    Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Make a hieght chart. Not that diffictly a long line down the wall and they can be measured against it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I was in B&Q today and there were stencils, spray paint in loads of colours and textures and other children's decorations. Imho, I would keep it simple enough, just add loads of storage. I plan to get floor to ceiling cupboards made on one wall for our children's playroom. If I ever get the time that is...:) Have you tried that blackboard paint? Maybe not on a full wall, but on a notice board or something.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Draw around your kids outline on the wall. If theyre old enough they can colour it in? Or try and copy cartoon characters out of their comics. If it doesnt work out well you can always paint it over.

Advertisement