Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

polo shirt over longsleeve blouse ???

• 01-08-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Would a polo shirt look good over a long sleeve shirt or blouse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

IF the blouse is fitted im sure it would look alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

It doesn't sound nice to me but can't really comment without pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Why don't you just try it on & find out? You know yourself if it looks good on you, ya don't need ppl here to tell you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

ThrownAway wrote:
    It doesn't sound nice to me but can't really comment without pics

The polo worn over the shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Would two collars not look a bit much??

• Advertisement

Oobie wrote:
    Would two collars not look a bit much??

Im not sure, well Ill give it a try and see if I get any compliments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

a round neck or v neck t-shirt over a funky blouse looks cool in a retro way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

a round neck or v neck t-shirt over a funky blouse looks cool in a retro way...

Yeah I agree a t-shirt over a blouse looks good. I dont know about a polo shirt.

I see a girl wearing a polo shirt over a cowboy shirt and it was alright.

Yeah I agree a t-shirt over a blouse looks good. I dont know about a polo shirt.

I see a girl wearing a polo shirt over a cowboy shirt and it was alright.

I tried a polo shirt over a long sleeve blouse and I worked ok.

I was in BT 2 at the weekend and saw a t-shirt over a shirt on a manaquin and it looked really well. So Im gonna give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

pheby wrote:
    I tried a polo shirt over a long sleeve blouse and I worked ok.

I was in BT 2 at the weekend and saw a t-shirt over a shirt on a manaquin and it looked really well. So Im gonna give that a go.

Yeah I like a round-necked or v-necked t-shirt over a shirt but I'm having trouble actually picturing a polo shirt over a shirt! It sounds a bit busy to me but I do like the layered look so if it's fitted it could work....

• Advertisement

Faerie wrote:
    Yeah I like a round-necked or v-necked t-shirt over a shirt but I'm having trouble actually picturing a polo shirt over a shirt! It sounds a bit busy to me but I do like the layered look so if it's fitted it could work....

Im big into the layered look, always looking for something new. Im gonna give the t-shirt over blouse a go. Would a plain t-shirt look better.

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Im big into the layered look, always looking for something new. Im gonna give the t-shirt over blouse a go. Would a plain t-shirt look better.

I would say a plain t-shirt with a patterned shirt and a patterned t-shirt with a plain shirt.
    I love layering too! You should have a look at the street style on this website -

http://www.style-arena.jp/index_e.htm

The Japanese seem to be big into it, and they do it really well (for the most part!).

Faerie wrote:
    I would say a plain t-shirt with a patterned shirt and a patterned t-shirt with a plain shirt.
    I love layering too! You should have a look at the street style on this website -

http://www.style-arena.jp/index_e.htm

The Japanese seem to be big into it, and they do it really well (for the most part!).

Ill try a pattered t-shirt over a plain shirt. thanx, that web site is great loads of great ideas. I notices that the Japenese even living in Ireland are into their layering.

I liked the dress & Skirt over jeans in this page

http://www.style-arena.jp/shibuya/2006/07/e_w4.htm

Nice pic of a t-shirt over a shirt

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Nice pic of a t-shirt over a shirt

Nice picture, Kinda preppy punk!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Preppy punk? I never thought I'd see the day.

Cardinal wrote:

Its actually quiet nice!

Cardinal wrote:

Another preppy punk Pic

Hope you like

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Another preppy punk Pic

Hope you like

That's really pretty! I love the t-shirt.

Btw did the polo shirt work OP?

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Another preppy punk Pic

Hope you like

I dunno if it's very punk, really. More like preppy-retro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Another preppy punk Pic

Hope you like

I quite like that style. Not sure about a polo neck over it tbh. Would be a bit too much with 2 collars.

Faerie wrote:
    That's really pretty! I love the t-shirt.

Btw did the polo shirt work OP?

Yeah the polo shirt worked out grand thanx.

Yeah I love that bowie t-shirt!

I've seen the polo-shirt/shirt combination on lads and on manequins in Brown Thomas. I think it looks pretty cool. Not sure if I'd go for it on a girl... maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

After seeing pics I still don't get what's nice about it...not that it absolutely terrible or anything it just looks like they shouldn't be worn together.

Cardinal wrote:
    I've seen the polo-shirt/shirt combination on lads and on manequins in Brown Thomas. I think it looks pretty cool. Not sure if I'd go for it on a girl... maybe.

At first you think it might not look good, but once you have it on, it does look great. Ive wore it at the weekend and people liked it!

I seen a few girls in town over the weekend including myself wearing t-shirts over shirts and they lookd great!!!

New fave fashion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭SBob

REALLY don't like this style, i lived in sydney for a while (2yrs ago) and it was all the rage (with guys, but similar), i thought it was a kind of inorganic development of the timeless t-shirt over long sleeved top look.

not cool, trying to hard IMO. I avoid any shop i see with a manican wearing this look in the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

I like this style on a girl. Looks cute!

Tried this evtually,

• Advertisement
Advertisement