Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone buy a Nokia N73 yet?

• 01-08-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I'm really interested in this phone and wondering if anyone actually bought and owned one yet? I believe they only hit the market last week. From the sample camera shots I seen, the camera appears to be amazing and up on par with the SE 800i.

I'm just waiting for the price to to down a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

I’m looking to get one too, but most places haven’t got it (simfree) in stock yet. Expansys say it will be in stock tomorrow for 600euro. Pixmania have it listed for 526euro and were due to have stock yesterday, but just checked now and its showing expected stock on the 18th of this month. komplett.se are selling it for about 500euro, anyone know if they will ship to Ireland?

In any case I think I’ll wait till the price drops a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well its in the new vodafone catalogue so it should be comming out soon. mind you it says the same thing about the nokia 6280 and that aint comming out till september (bar another set back:rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I had a play with one today in work.
    The camera in it is a really nice zeiss and the screen has a high rez.

I think its a bit of a brick but it's still smaller than the n70.
    I'm holding out for the n80 i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The N80 is a lot thicker than the N70 and 73.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sonnyboy

N80 would be better in terms of the Wlan but this N73 beats it with the camera....but the N80 screeen resolution is better! Grrr tough one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

chrislad wrote:
    The N80 is a lot thicker than the N70 and 73.
    yes, but i think its a nicer shape for a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Is the N73 out yet on Vodafone or any of the Irish networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

I have been chasing Voda on this for the last few months. It was due in September and then October. I was talking to a retailer late last week and he received a display model which is an indicator that it should hit the shops within a few weeks. As they usually roll out new models towards the end of a month I would guess it should be released in two weeks.

I have no idea of retail price but it will probably be something around €299 which is similar to teh N91

Great, can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

Anyone here have one want to give a review of it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

3 are bringing it out here supposadly by christmas when they "may" be launching their X-Series in Ireland. The same guy I spoke to told me the N73 supports HSDPA which I have heard 3 will have rolled out by Feb 07.
    I am waiting for 3 to start selling it, I will get it nice and cheap on an upgrade, and it looks like an excellent phone, at least until the N95 is launched ;)

• Advertisement

If 3 bring it out first they can keep it, I wouldn't buy it from them, you'll never get it unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I was in Vodafone this morning and they said the N73 will be out before Christmas. Thay are releasing the k800i this Friday. So I'm going to upgrade to that see how I get on and if I don't like it I'll upgrade my mothers to an N73 "for her" and ask her to swap if the k800i is rubbish. I'm so devious! J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I will still get it from 3 because I can still sell my 6680 as a 3 phone, with the prepay SIM for 100-170Eur. And, I am sure by the time I go to buy the N95 this time next year 3 will have their unlocking issue sorted, whatever their problem is.

I am sure by the time I go to buy the N95 this time next year 3 will have their unlocking issue sorted, whatever their problem is.
    Don't could your chickens !

Advertisement