Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premonitory Dreams

• 01-08-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else ever have dreams that actually come true???

I have these and they are very freaky!
    I am in a dream state, but it is more like someone whispering in my ear about something that has nothing to do with what I am dreaming about, and then my mind seems to say "What was that about?" and then I focus on what was just said and remember it when I wake up.

Last time it happened, in my dream, a voice said "Sandy just passed away."

I woke up and said "Sandy just passed away? But I know four people named Sandy!" I wondered should I call them all to see if they were all right?

Later that day, my Dad sent all of his children an E-mail telling us that his cousin Sandy had passed away that morning.

I almost had to change my knickers!

Anybody else have dreams like this? It's a blessing and a curse at the same time, I think.

L4L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

:eek: That must be really freaky. I only ever had a dream of a death once. The night my sisters boyfriend was killed in a car crash. I was very young at the time and all I saw was the side of the car and a flow of blood coming from it. I remember when we heard the news, it scared the hell out of me. I think I shook for about a week.

How do you deal with it?

Have you ever dreamt something and not have it happen for a few days or weeks later.?

Have you ever contacted the people you dreamt about and tell them what you saw inconnection with that person. If so, how did they take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Oh my god, that's mad - like a gift or a very strange conincidence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Lust4 life your post reminds me of once my mother had a dream that I told her that a baby had died and she just remembered how everyone was very sad about it. The next day I rang and told her that my friends baby had indeed died, but her dream was after the event but before I told her. She had however been in my thoughts a lot the night before and I wanted to ring her but didn't as I didn't want to be blubbing! I put her dream down to some kind of psychic- emotional attachment to me and my feelings rather than a premonition but I know it freaked her out a bit.

On that awful topic, I had a dream once that the police came to the door looking for Johnny (a previous tennant in real life) as he hadn't paid his television licence. They went on to explain that it wasn't really to do with the tv licence but that he had killed babies and dogs and hide their bodies under the floorboards. The dream went on to be the most terrifying ever but won't go into detail in this post. 2 days later the police arrived at the door with a warrant for Johnny as he hadn't paid his television licence and had ignored all the letters. They went on their merry way when it was explained that he didn't live there, with no mention of dead babies or dogs, but still, it scared the hell outta me.

Kshiel and Lust4 life that's nothing like your experiences but it was enough to spook me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 murrayeel

spare me..i'd rather not have! they say it's a gift but i do not want to end up like Casandra...:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Perhaps there were subtle cues that the Sandy in question was not well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Posted by Blue_Lagoon
    Perhaps there were subtle cues that the Sandy in question was not well?

Hadn't thought of her in years and did not know she was ill until I had the dream.

Thankfully, it's not always death dreams. I used to know when my Granny wasn't feeling well and would always phone her after such dreams, and also would phone my Aunties to have them check on her as well to be sure she was all right.

Now when am I gonna dream about winning the lotto????????
    Posted by kshiel
    Have you ever dreamt something and not have it happen for a few days or weeks later.?

Yes. And that was the worst. Knowing it was coming but not where or when!

littlebug, it seems we have very similar dreams. Thank goodness they don't occur weekly!!!!!!

L4L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

OK Lust4Life. Keep me posted if you dream anything about Blue_Lagoon storms, waves, great whites, or one beached boy in particular? :cool:

Can do, Blue!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

When i was younger my mums friend was staying at our house and before i went to bed i remember thinking if anyone's car was stolen, it would be hers because she was blocking ours in the drive. That night I dreamt her car was stolen by two guys. I was so shocked in the morning to find out that it was. I had to talk to the police coz they thought that i was probably looking out the window at the time even though i was dreaming.

As well as that, about 2 years ago I had a dream that my grandad was dying, all his family were around him and his wife (my granny) got to his side just minutes before he died. Then afterwards everyone headed back to my grandparents house and started drinkning wine and had a good time telling stories and celebrating his life. I remember thinking that this was too perfect a way to die. Last October however my grandad did die, and it was the exact same scene. The strange thing was, was that i recognised all the nurses from my dream

Wow! XchampagneX you gave me goose bumps!

At least your premonition was sad but PEACEFUL. And it is nice that your granddad went off surrounded by loved ones.

Hugs,

L4L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xx-lou-xx

my sister has weird dreams and she sleep walks too.

one night she got out of bed, opened the wardrobe and started to shout my brothers name.. then minutes later, i could hear my brother come up the stairs.
    that same night she started to shout out in her sleep "take the buns out of the oven!!". we got a bit of a fright in the morning, to walk into the kitchen and see my mam taking buns out of the oven (and it wasn't a regular thing, she hadnt made buns in like forever!!!)

different dream... one day i ws told by my friend a secret not to tell anyone, so i didn't. then one day he told me i could let my sister know.. as i was telling her, she screamed and shouted that she had a dream about the exact same thing the night i was told about it!!!
    my sister hasnt dreamt like this in a while, but it freaks me out!!!!!!

Posted by XX Luu XX:
    my sister hasnt dreamt like this in a while, but it freaks me out!!!!!!

Yes, My dad preferrs not to discuss it further with me as well!:p
    I certainly don't push the issue. Don't want to freak him out.
    But I'm sure I get it from my mom's side of the family. Granny had mentioned that she had stuff like this happen to her too on occasion.
    At least I believe it may be hereditory. Any thoughts on this????

L4L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Lust4Life wrote:
    Yes, My dad preferrs not to discuss it further with me as well!:p
    I certainly don't push the issue. Don't want to freak him out.
    But I'm sure I get it from my mom's side of the family. Granny had mentioned that she had stuff like this happen to her too on occasion.
    At least I believe it may be hereditory. Any thoughts on this????

L4L
    yes, i think it might be too. My mum told me years ago about a dream she had about some ship/oiltanker (not too sure of the details as this was when i was about 8) being attacked and a lot of people died. A week later it was on the news.

I must ask her about this actually, as it's going to annoy me if i don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Ive had two very strong ones.

One was that my friend was going to have twins. I didnt even know she was pregnant at the time. She knew it, but she didnt know it was twins.

I also had one once where I was told a good friend of mine was going to die when he was 47. Hes not 47 yet so I dont know if it can be called premonitionary or not.

So when this happens for you, is it the same as how it goes with me?
    For me it is not so much dreaming it, but more of a voice inturrupting the dream I was having.

How has it happened for you?

L4L

Well, here's hoping that one of my recurrent nightmares is not premonitory.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Lust4Life wrote:
    So when this happens for you, is it the same as how it goes with me?
    For me it is not so much dreaming it, but more of a voice inturrupting the dream I was having.

How has it happened for you?

L4L

Yeah..... oh how weird.... And in the second one I was getting more info but I couldnt take it, it was upsetting me too much so I woke up and didnt hear the rest of it.

Posted by Blue_Lagoon
    Well, here's hoping that one of my recurrent nightmares is not premonitory.

I don't think you need to worry about that.
    At least in my case, they do not reoccur. but when I have them... I know it! Eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trishh

Lust4Life wrote:
    Does anybody else ever have dreams that actually come true???

Anybody else have dreams like this? It's a blessing and a curse at the same time, I think.

L4L

Wow !! I don't know anyone like this because I freak people out when I tell them ! They simply don't believe me. I had a dream years ago about my father dying during the night. When I woke in the morning it still seemed real.. different to a dream really. About an hour later, I got the news that my uncle had died !! He hadn't been sick or anything. I have had a few over the years, so much so that I kinda know when they're real. It is like you say, a voice of some sort. The most recent one I had was of my child facing me in my dream telling me that they were taking **** (something they shouldn't have been taking) and spending €x per week on this product. In my dream they actually told me that truth. When I confronted them, they just wanted to know who had told me.... I didn't tell them ! They can be freaky all right !

Nice to know other people get the dreams too.

Trishh, sounds like a real blessing in your case!
    Freaking out the kids was well worth it, I'll wager!

Hugs,

L4L

• Advertisement
Advertisement