Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP noob

Options
  • 01-08-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey guys just got a new psp from japan (PSP-1000) and its v2.60. Heard of homebrew so i got a 2gb memory stick for it. My problem is the lingo involved. I have no clue about devhook, eloaders, dumps and all the rest. Can anyone explain (in simple english) how i go about modding it back to v1.5 and getting games to work on it. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

afaik the 2.6 cant be modded.
    best thing to do is goto the psphacks site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You can still run certain homebrew stuff on the 2.6 firmware... it's all very confusing at first, but you're looking for eloader... I wouldn't worry about downgrading the firmware just yet, it's not an absolute must IMO... with eloader you can still launch some homebrew apps with the firmware you have (emulators etc.)
    My advise is to read your way through it... there are no shortcuts for this stuff, especially when you're changing firmware... find out what your risks of 'bricking' are.
    It's not really as confusing as it seems... the more you read about it, the more the rest of what you read becomes easier to understand. (if you know what I mean lol)

eloader has a pretty nice installer, very simple to use if you know which option(s) you want.

afaik, 2.6 can be downgraded, but some people have destroyed thier PSPs trying... which is why I say, make sure you research anything you're trying ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

done it before, 2.6 can be downgraded and it's not big hassle. the main thing is to check the motherboard model. if the model is a ta-082 then u can't downgrade.
    you can spot this by opening the UMD player and turning the psp around. if you see the number ic1003 then it's a ta-082 and can't be downgraded (it'll brick the psp) otherwise you're grand.

here u can see a pic:
    http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7998

And i suggest u to downgrade if you can (always at your own risk) cos you can do much more things with a 1.5 than with the 2.6 you have. I used to have a 2.01, made it a 2.6 to downgrade it and now i'm really happy. i can emulate up to firmware 2.71 so i can play the newest games, i can change the backgronds, fonts and music without a chance of harming the psp (like it was before) and i can use loads of apps. by the way the emulators run faster than in the eloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just get a DS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

May seem like a silly question but what connections are on the sony PSP?. Does it have a connection that would make it possible to hook it up to your tv

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

cubix wrote:
    May seem like a silly question but what connections are on the sony PSP?. Does it have a connection that would make it possible to hook it up to your tv

Nope. They thought, quite rightly, that might make it a console killer. Other than some unofficial bissare pryamid thingy there is no tv out functionality on the psp.

Anyone know how there coming along downgrading the 2.8 yet? I updated recently to use the RSS feed feature on 2.8 Great feature once I figure out how to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

cubix wrote:
    Does it have a connection that would make it possible to hook it up to your tv
    All I've seen to do that on the psp is some gammy box thing you plonk ontop of the screen... so based on that, I'd say no, there's no specific connection for it.
    Bit of a pisser really... even my digital camera can output to a TV ffs.
    I'd love to be corrected on this though

Advertisement