Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording In Linux

Options
  • 01-08-2006 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know of any good, preferably free/open source recording tools for linux?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

arecord i think.

you should just be able to cat the device out too
    and work with it with mencoder, there is stuff like http://www.agnula.org/documentation/dp_tutorials/alsa_jack_ladspa/
    too which may be more what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

demudi is a dedicated audio distro that you could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DSLC

I hope that's useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Ardour is supposed to be good. There's countless other stuff floating around.

Btw have you installed Linux yet, and if so have you installed drivers for your soundcard and other hardware? Cause about 6 months ago I decided I wanted a Linux music machine and set about doing all that stuff. I had a nightmare of a time, decided at the end of the day that it wouldn't be worth the effort. Although I'm sure it'll be much easier if you're already familiar with Linux.

Advertisement