Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viera to Inter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

6.5mill a bargain if ever there was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

iregk wrote:
    6.5mill a bargain if ever there was one.

5 million for Duff is a better bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Now that's a bargain. A good player who will do the business for them, Sir A must be kicking himslef, that would have been a cracking Midfield pairing with Viera and Carrick. Scholes hasn't looked himself in a while so have not put him as first choice.

He must be a bit gutted though, if Arsenal had come in for him I think he would have gone for alot less.

As for the Duff one, not as good a bargain really as originally though, the five million that they paid for him was only half of it, they had to pay another five million of the ten offered as a signing on fee to Duff so while they only paid 5 to Chelsea, the deal still cost them 10 + wages which I am sure will be close to Vieras wages anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

newcastle did indeed end up paying 10mill, only 5 to chelsea so in effect he is 10mill transfer. to me thats the going rate for him, not a bargain not a rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thank god, was terrified of seeing him in a United shirt.
    Initially pre-Carrick I woulda accepted it just cause we were desperate, but after we got someone, he really is the last person I want to see in a United shirt.
    I'd say he'll do well at Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Never really like Viera. Class player but he lets himself down with his diving and temper.

Mind you Inter will have a nice midfield with

STANKOVIC-VIERA-CAMBIASSO-FIGO

the more than likely starting 4.

Get a striker that can bang in the goals with Adriano up front (TOni maybe) and a decent center half Inter will have a class team this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I doubt very much Duff got anywhere near a £5m signing on fee. It'd be silly if Newcastle even paid him 20% of that because he'd probably have joining them with no signing on fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I think a 4 year contract for a 30 year old is generous. Viera is past his prime - but still has a lot to offer.

I guess his declining pace would be less detrimental in Italy than in England.

Mind you it didn't do Didi Hamman much harm (god I miss him).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I think a 4 year contract for a 30 year old is generous. Viera is past his prime - but still has a lot to offer.

Was gona say that myself but if you look after your self these days you can play well in to your 30's. Just means the player has to change is game. He could go center half or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PHB wrote:
    Thank god, was terrified of seeing him in a United shirt.

its true, United have really been making a habit of offloading all their good players, it'd be a real turn up for the books if they actually reversed that trend ;)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Expensive deal for Inter. £6.5m isn't that much but Vieira most likely won't be able to play at an acceptable standard for the duration of that long and very expensive contract.

Would have liked him to come back to Arsenal but it would have had to have been a short term contract and a smaller transfer fee.

Advertisement