Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Sonata(new model) diesel

Options
  • 01-08-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

I know before I said this was a kind of pointless car but I think I better eat my own words..Have seen a few around and had a look at one up close and I have to say I was v impressed with the percieved quality and general presence of the car.
    I've read a few good reviews of the diesel (I would only be interested in diesel) and they were all good.So what are they like to drive? Would one be worth buying over an Avensis or such like.I presume the price is lower to start with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Got a lift in one of them during the weekend. Very impressed, from a passenger viewpoint.
    Build quality appeared very good. Would'nt half mind one myself...........
    But.........

previous models depreciated like a rocket, and based on my perception of the irish buyers psyche, this one is likely to do the same - unfortunately.
    Hyundai's have always had a poor resale value, and I doubt the introduction of a diesel model in the Sonata range will affect this much.

I'd be more interested in buying this car when its a year or two old and holding onto it - I'd say then that it would be great value.

As regards your question re cost of Avensis versus Sonata
    Avensis Aura D4D €30250 ex works
    Sonata CRDi €30450 ex works
    (source Carzone)
    Creature Comfort Specs on the Hyundai are far superior to the Avensis though.

D4D's really do hold their value, so if buying new go for the Avensis.
    If buying secondhand, you will buy the sonata a lot cheaper than a similar age avensis in 1/2 years time - be prepared to hold onto it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yes I would imagine you're spot-on there.
    Wouldn't mind getting a well minded secondhand one few years down the road, i'm sure it be excellent value for money and be very reliable.
    Don't think the Irish pysche will cahnge any time soon- if anything it seems to be galvanised even more recently with the increased prosperity with badge snobbery at an all time high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

From what I've heard the new model is far superior to the old model which my dad drives. The old model came with 16' alloys, leather and climate control as standard. It's very comfortable on long journeys, and very spacious. I'd recommend the new one on what I've heard of it, my dad's probably gonna get one next year (company car every 4 years) as a guy he works with recommends it

Advertisement