Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freckles!

• 01-08-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi all has anyone ever decided to remove thier freckles with laser? how effective is this. i have loads of freckles on my face (most which are from the sun) and i wonder how effective laser would be. any replies welcome ;)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Laser skin treatment on your face? No thanks..... I'd rather the freckles than have that go horribly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Starbella

why whats the problem with laser. as far as i know its safe. just wondering if its effective!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Why would you want to get rid of freckles? I think their lovely:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm no fan of freckles myself...

What age are you? I used to have a lot when I was a teenager, but they went away in my twenties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Deer wrote:
    Why would you want to get rid of freckles? I think their lovely:)

I agree, I'd never want to get rid of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

I have to admit that I really like frekles on a girl or a woman. I think that the minute that you take them off there will be a sudden fashion passion for frekles and people will be tattooing them or laser etching them on their face.

Or wherever.

I'm no fan of freckles myself...

What age are you? I used to have a lot when I was a teenager, but they went away in my twenties.

im 29, and i have loads on my face. ya i agree that a splattering across the nose are lovely alright but try pale skin and loads of freckles. not good!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jesus Starbella whats your problem. Leave the damn freckles where they are. You should accept your freckles and realise that they are a part of you and who you are. Besides, lots of fellas think freckles are cute and sexy.

Leave them be, unless your a ginger in which case GET RID OF THEM. Beg borrow or steal but make sure and get the money from somewhere to get the orange pieces of crap of your face. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Pighead wrote:
    unless your a ginger in which case GET RID OF THEM. Beg borrow or steal but make sure and get the money from somewhere to get the orange pieces of crap of your face. Disgusting.

I find this statement both offensive, and smelly. I demand an apology!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I have freckles, I agree I don't mind them over the nose and cheeks - it's just everywhere else. Can you get an effective cream to gently bleach them I wonder. At the moment I'm using decleor white brightening moisturisor which is more for evening out age spots etc on older women and I'm only 25.

Anybody know of any creams?

Let me know how you get on Starbella I'm interested too!! ya can see how freckly I am in the "know your nerds" section....

• Advertisement

Strokesfan wrote:
    I have freckles, I agree I don't mind them over the nose and cheeks - it's just everywhere else. Can you get an effective cream to gently bleach them I wonder. At the moment I'm using decleor white brightening moisturisor which is more for evening out age spots etc on older women and I'm only 25.

Anybody know of any creams?

Let me know how you get on Starbella I'm interested too!! ya can see how freckly I am in the "know your nerds" section....

im only curious at the moment to see has anyone else done anything. but ill definatley let you know if i find out anytning.
    how do i get into the know your nerds section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

It's in After Hours where everyone posts their ugly mug! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Starbella wrote:
    hi all has anyone ever decided to remove thier freckles with laser? how effective is this. i have loads of freckles on my face (most which are from the sun) and i wonder how effective laser would be. any replies welcome ;)
    Just use the body's natural bleach - Lemon juice!

I'd suggest mixing a good bit of fresh lemon juice with a face mask, and use it every day until you start to see results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I used to Hate my freckles....But i dont really notice them mush anymore..although when out in the sun i always apply a bit of my daughters factor 40 to my face, and i put a cap in or something...keep the sun out of my face.

Advertisement