Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalsounds.com above board?

Options
  • 01-08-2006 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Has one heard of legalsounds.com? I got brought there by a google and it looks like another one of these Russian mp3 sites - but at only 9c a song I think it's gonna be worth a look.

An unlikely worry is that they'll just take my money and run, has anyone here used the site?

Still, slick site, big catalogue and I'm happy to pay a little instead of thieving it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ben Morgan

They're certainly not paying royalties to the records labels or artists so it's exactly the same as stealing music off a free download site. Except your paying a bunch of Russian gangsters for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Okay, thanks.

Was it rather naive of me to think that they might be paying royalties in Russia and that's why it was so cheap?

Anyhoooo I won't be using them if it's as you describe. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No one gets royalties in Russia from any of these sites (or from any "Russian pressings" of any albums you see on ebay).

Advertisement