Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Retrieval/Shamanism

Options
  • 01-08-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello A very good friend of mine is looking for a practitioner to do a soul retrieval.Do any of you know the best person for this preferably Dublin area?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What the devil is a soul retrieval?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

On the course both myself and stevenmu did the guy giving the course talked a bit about it.

Lets say: If someone has a tramatic experience as a child (or in a past life) a part of their soul is split off (like a repressed memory). Someone doing a Soul Retrieval would take them back (usually through some sort of hyponosis like in past life regression) and reunite them with the shard and make them whole again.

Marlena, I'll pm you a number for a guy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

hiya i sent you a pm with my contact details, im a Shamanic Practitioner living in Dublin and certified by the Irish Centre for Shamanic Studies. If you require further info u can contact me on the details i left you. love n light.

Sorry Shamanic but how was my discription (for a layman)? Just wondering if you could give a better discription and still manage to keep it simple for those of us not too familiar with it.

cheers.

Soul loss can occur through an emotional or physical trauma such as death of a loved one, abuse, the breakdown of a relationship, invasive surgery or any other traumatic event. When ones body goes through such a trauma part of the soul may leave in a survival effort so the person is not set too deeply in shock.The results of soul loss can lead to dissociation, depression, addictions, post-traumatic stress syndrome and immune deficiency problems. All of which can prevent us from living the life we want and hold us back from creating happy and healthy relationships.The role of a Shamanic Practitioner is to perform Soul Retrieval to track down and return the lost soul parts to the client through journeying and Shamanic counselling.

your version was fine, does this help make it clearer? any q's feel free to ask

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marlena

Thank you .

I have sent you individual emails.

Love and light

Kelly

If this is off topic or out of place here I apologise in advance.

Shamanic, I'm not sure of your beliefs with regards to spirits/hauntings but do you think that the idea of a shard of soul being seperated could account for sightings of spirits. Namely when someone would see a spirit version of someone they know who is living but the spirit is at a much younger age?

Best of luck to your friend Kelly.

this is actually a topic i have discussed with other friends. I think it can account for such sightings, other Shamans may not agree but i most certainly believe it can result in spirits of younger, still living souls, being seen.

Very interesting, it fits in very well with some ideas discussed at times on the Paranormal Forum. I may quote some of this and bring it over to Paranormal for further discussion.

wel im only new to the forum so i havent had a chance t look around that much. Was what i told you about soul retrieval ok?

• Advertisement

Shamanic wrote:
    wel im only new to the forum so i havent had a chance t look around that much. Was what i told you about soul retrieval ok?

Fits in with what i believe and what i have heard before, you kept it nice and clear too ;)

For the record the Paranormal forum is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446 and i have carried this over to tie it in with another thread there.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I've never heard of it before, but it makes sense. Although I would have thought that if the soul could split as a survival mechanism surely it would "rejoin" after the trauma has been removed?
    Or does it get lost from the "primary soul"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sometimes it gets lost and you have to go on a journey to retrive it,
    other time it returns as a thorn in the persons side and they have to then try deal with the issue.

gillo wrote:
    I've never heard of it before, but it makes sense. Although I would have thought that if the soul could split as a survival mechanism surely it would "rejoin" after the trauma has been removed?

well just say in the case of sexual abuse of the child, if part of the soul splits off its sometimes too frightened to return. Even when the abuse ends the soul part has gone somewhere they consider "safe" so are no longer completly connected with the rest of the soul and do not know it is safe to return. In many cases iv come across the soul part needs encouragment and reassurence that it is safe to return.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

gillo wrote:
    The way I thought of it was that the "primary soul" gets changed by the traumatic event, and then the fragment doesn't quite 'fit' back in. A little like cutting a piece out of a tree, the piece of wood would warp a bit over time and the tree would grow a little, so the piece wouldn't just slide right back in, it would need a bit of a push, and maybe some oil.

edit: actually a better analogy might be taking a piece out of a jigsaw, and then changing the shape of some of the pieces it sat beside, to fit it back in you'd have to change the piece to match where it goes, or change the other pieces back to let it fit in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

This sounds very interesting. I've tried a technique that involves similar healing to take place, it's called holotropic breathwork. In this technique, you go into an altered state where many deep rooted problems come to the surface of the mind and past traumas are re-experienced. Does soul retrieval involve the use of altered states?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

hi all
    may be some of u can help me a friend of mine has suffered from depression on and off for 15 to 20 years we had discussed this and had kinda traced it back to a bad experience he had a with a substance ;) he got married a while after and settled down had kids but never really settled, change jobs, moved houses, moved countries and ended up back here. we both have very strong druidic leanings and met one sunrise at local and became friends. to make a long story short he asked me to journey and search for soul framents. which i did over a 3 month period.
    now my problem is this guy has walked out on his wife of 17 years and 4 kids. and it has left me feeling uneasy, should we have left it alone.

I would be of the opinin that he should have been in couselling for his issues and working with his dr.
    You can't use spiritual matters to fix a broken leg you need a dr and a hospital and I would view depression to be as serious physically as a broken leg.
    Just because you can do something does not mean you should.
    If you are his friend and a friend of his family help first with all the practical things you can for them in this troubled time.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

For depression, all you will get from doctors, phychiatrists and holspitals is medication, medication, medication. They numb so you don't feel the pain anymore. This is extremely counter productive and does not help people with healing depression in the long term.

Check this website:
    http://www.cchr.org/

We have been brainwashed into believing that mental problems like depression are some form of illness or basic sickness, like a "broken leg" as you've said. And the solution is always to go running to a doctor for some sort of quick fix drug. There is a lot of interesting evidence to suggest that:
    Dr. Graff stated: “Chemical imbalance…it’s a shorthand term really, it’s probably drug industry derived….We don’t have tests because to do it, you’d probably have to take a chunk of brain out of someone—not a good idea” but “I agree. There aren’t any blood tests” to determine a chemical imbalance.

Psychiatric statistics reflect semantics, not scientific method."

Medication so that the person can cope and then start couselling or terahpy.
    Having personal suffered from three periods of depression in my life and seen close family members it can be as dilpating as a broken leg.

Some one who has those issues should not be under going soul retreivals esp if they are not dealing with those issues in a pratical everyday life way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

dfaf wrote:
    hi all
    may be some of u can help me a friend of mine has suffered from depression on and off for 15 to 20 years we had discussed this and had kinda traced it back to a bad experience he had a with a substance ;) he got married a while after and settled down had kids but never really settled, change jobs, moved houses, moved countries and ended up back here. we both have very strong druidic leanings and met one sunrise at local and became friends. to make a long story short he asked me to journey and search for soul framents. which i did over a 3 month period.
    now my problem is this guy has walked out on his wife of 17 years and 4 kids. and it has left me feeling uneasy, should we have left it alone.
    Without seeing inside the heads of all involved, it's impossible to say what was right or wrong. For example it may actually be a good thing that he has left his wife and kids, both for him and them, and it may not have heppened without the searching for fragments.

Altough I do agree that counselling would have been the more appropriate course of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

thanks everybody for your imput. this guy had been through all the usual crap,10 years of shrinks, drugs, hospital. he is an inteligent man who would look and sound like a zombie when he was on medication he had got to the stage where enough was enough. its not good to hear your friend talking like that. so he felt he had nothing to lose and all to gain. my last session on it was aweek before i went overseas for work we had little contact till i came back 6 months later.
    the morning i met him i almost did not recognise him he looked taller brighter we talked for only 15 mins he told me the news, new girlfriend new life .
    i was shocked but glad to see him happier than i ever had.
    was it the soul quest or a placebo i don't know but something changed him

Advertisement