Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 316i Vs 318i

Options
  • 01-08-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

I am looking to up grade from my E36 316i... and have looked around and found some nice 2000 E46's in 316i, and 318i.

I rang my insurance company for a quote, but they are quoting me more for the 318i than the 316i, even though they are both 1.9L engine... Is one more powerfull than the other?

Has anyone any advice on buying a '00 316i/318i E46?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I was told here before the 318i is more powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I presume you mean 'E46' as there is no E42 bmw.

Check out a few sites like www.bmw-driver.net and www.bmwland.co.uk there is a wealth of info there on both models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 beamerboy2006

@ quick questions for anyone that can help me...well 3.

1. How can i post a new thread on here.First time user so i dont have a clue?

2. Driver door mirror glass of my 1999 E46 318 se stolen/broken. Can i get one anywhere in dublin or will i have to look elsewhere.If anyone can help me there that'd be great.

3. Kind of gurgling noise comin form the front of my engine>>>anyone any ideas on what it could be??

4. Steering keeps veering left, went to quick fot to get realigned, did that but steering is still a mile off????

If someone cud plz help on these it would be great
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I am looking to up grade from my E36 316i... and have looked around and found some nice 2000 E46's in 316i, and 318i.

I rang my insurance company for a quote, but they are quoting me more for the 318i than the 316i, even though they are both 1.9L engine... Is one more powerfull than the other?

depending on the year of the E46, the engines are different with differing power outputs.

the first E46 316s had a 1.8 and the 318s had a 1.9 and later a 2L with about 140BHP, hence the differing quotes

Advertisement