Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another tekken 5 vid made by me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not a bad video (dont play lee but Im pretty nifty with roger), the last 2 roger combo's are pretty much staple juggles, their easy and do good damage, cant really comment on the lee ones, hate the guy, had 1 or 2 of them juggles landed on me though by Tekken lords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Very nice combo vid! ;) Nice to see another good Tekken player! i loved the last combo u did with Roger, alot of damage! I don't actually play with either of them characters, I prefer Nina, Anna & Asuka!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Nice to see another good Tekken player!

Is this Kaman? Heres a link to a much better vid imo by me with bryan and baek. I love baek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu2Wj8iBSco&search=IRISH%20TEKKEN

That was very impressive!!! very nice combos, espeicially with Baek!! what do u mean by Kaman?? I think i'm gonna try and make a combo video myself! Show off my skills with Nina!!! :rolleyes:

Do you play in quirkies by any chance?

• Advertisement

A combo I was quite fond of pulling off once in a fight was (with king):

b+1 (CH), f+1+2, f+3, 1, f,n,f,f 2+4 (iSW)

Very very hard juggle, but only ever landed it once, getting an iSW in any situation is bloody difficult :)

(an SW is kings running throw, its a knee to the face, but if you hit people in the air with it he does a running power bomb that does 8 more damage than the normal running powerbomb [by the giant swing motion], an iSW is doing it from point blank range, making it darn difficult)

Yeah I used to play in Quirkie's ages ago!! I haven't been down there in a while now!! :) Do u still play in there alot??

Yeah theres still myslef the odd time and another Gaylord called batman on boards. He smells real bad.

I think one of us will be there on thursday night around 8ish if your around?

Lol, yeh i have played some guy before who stank of cigarettes!!!! and he wore some sad gay red rain jacket with glasses!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Can I ask, how are you recording those videos?

• Advertisement

Can I ask, how are you recording those videos?

Of course you can! I used a cheap TV card, was only 20euro job. Pinnacle Systems PCTV. Does what it says on the tin, i used nero and adobe premiere then for editing. I workin on a big proper vid using a multitude of characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tekken 5 is fun in its own way, but... I had to give it up.
    Learning Bruce made me realise that the game is really, really boring if you just do "stair stepping"-> poke-> launch (50%combo_punch, punch, 50% wall combo). Which all my games seem to degenerate into...

Call it personal preference, but what Quirkey's really need are Virtua Fighter 4:Evo / VF5 machines:( Game seems to have a bit more personality in allowing me to express my fighting style (which in my case consists of Jacky taunting the opponent a lot :p )

Back on topic: nice vid, combos seem a bit weak though (<75 damage?) -- though I suppose it's just the characters not being heavy hitters :rolleyes: (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭batman_oh

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Yeah theres still myslef the odd time and another Gaylord called batman on boards. He smells real bad.

I think one of us will be there on thursday night around 8ish if your around?

listen dreamboat ill have less of this slander!
    i drop into quirkeys every now and again, dont smoke nor wear a rain jacket!
    shud head in some time for a few games, lost the crazy dedicated japanese guy so gave up playin of late coz the two brothers in there with their cards that they paid to rank up themselves(very very sad!) wont play any1

batman_oh wrote:
    listen dreamboat ill have less of this slander!
    i drop into quirkeys every now and again, dont smoke nor wear a rain jacket!
    shud head in some time for a few games, lost the crazy dedicated japanese guy so gave up playin of late coz the two brothers in there with their cards that they paid to rank up themselves(very very sad!) wont play any1

I never said that u wore a rain jacket or smoked, I don't even know who u r! :o I was talking about somebody completely different!

Tekken 5 is fun in its own way, but... I had to give it up.
    Learning Bruce made me realise that the game is really, really boring if you just do "stair stepping"-> poke-> launch (50%combo_punch, punch, 50% wall combo). Which all my games seem to degenerate into...

Call it personal preference, but what Quirkey's really need are Virtua Fighter 4:Evo / VF5 machines Game seems to have a bit more personality in allowing me to express my fighting style (which in my case consists of Jacky taunting the opponent a lot )

Back on topic: nice vid, combos seem a bit weak though (<75 damage?) -- though I suppose it's just the characters not being heavy hitters (?)

I find it very hard to believe people that i havent seen playin in the arcade, you cant get or be good playing at home. If your talking about what your games degenerate into at home on your PS2 well, fair enough. However I think the whole point in any beatem ups is playing against humans, with brains and not A.I.

Come into quirkies and lets see your bruce, i bet it gets owned, badly, by my "small damage" baek.

I cant think of anyone really that uses Bruce in Ireland except maybe Batman or Kaman, other than that i havent seen anyone in the last 5 years or so using him regularly, so from my understanding, you dont play tekken. Also the point of most combo vids is to show "style" combos and also some big damage combos. Dying for a pack of waffles after that last post.

Also batman you do smell, and ill probably be in Quirkies at around 8ish tomorrow.

Tekken5 AI is pretty good as long as you dont exploit it, as theres some moves the AI just doesnt understand at all (ie: kings UF, 1+2 jumping unblockable 2 handed punch, the AI doesnt recognise this move at all and you can do it 3 times in a row at the start of the fight and win pretty much every time), if you intend to get anywhere with bruce, you cant just reem off his combo's, as their pretty much all a chain of mediums or highs with a slow, blatently obvious low in the middle that will earn you a low parry or a launcher which tend to be very punishable.

Currently my Tekken5 vs player combat has mostly been at Queens Dragonslayers, there was a guy bringing a PS2 (he was actually very good with baek, hateful fighter to play against) up to that where there was some good T5 matchs, but the guy who had the PS2 up is finished this year so no1 left to play against really now (and the PS2 I play is my brothers so cant bring that up).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    I find it very hard to believe people that i havent seen playin in the arcade, you cant get or be good playing at home. If your talking about what your games degenerate into at home on your PS2 well, fair enough. However I think the whole point in any beatem ups is playing against humans, with brains and not A.I.

Come into quirkies and lets see your bruce, i bet it gets owned, badly, by my "small damage" baek.

I cant think of anyone really that uses Bruce in Ireland except maybe Batman or Kaman, other than that i havent seen anyone in the last 5 years or so using him regularly, so from my understanding, you dont play tekken. Also the point of most combo vids is to show "style" combos and also some big damage combos. Dying for a pack of waffles after that last post.
    Well I am basing all my experience off PvP, playing in Dundalk; and I did play T5 hard for about 8months+ (lots of Jin, Bryan, Bruce & Kazuya; also an old T3 player).
    But yeah, since most of the guys weren't that hot at T5 (I came up against 2, maybe 3 good players) that could be why I got sick of it.

I still stand by VF4:Evo being the most balanced 3D-fighter around, though. It's also surprisingly fast-paced -- I can never relax!

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    I still stand by VF4:Evo being the most balanced 3D-fighter around, though. It's also surprisingly fast-paced -- I can never relax!
    VF4:evo is a fighting game Ive always meant to buy but never got around to it :o

Advertisement