Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

optimus keyboard

Options
  • 01-08-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Any one have and idea when (or if) the optimus keyboard will be released? Or expected costs. Have to get meself one.
    http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/ for the un-initiated, its the keyboard with the keys being little lcd screens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

This has been knocking around for a year or two. The best guesses are that it will either never make it to production or will be soooooo expensive. The site is taking pre-orders for a 3 key version...around 120 USD....so imagine what a 108 key version will cost? Somehow this is a nice idea but just not real.

The other point is just how often do you look at your keyboard to see what each key is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

... un-initiated, its the keyboard with the keys being little lcd screens.

eh, did you even read the page? they use OLED's which are freakin cool. The're the future of keyboards. Using CAD programs and games requires learning off loads of different key combinations for each program, which I, frankly, don't have the patience for. So having a keyboard that would change its key symbols each time a different program opens would be excellent, I mean how often do you use the keyboard when you aren't typing? If they where selling for <€100 i'd defo get one. Although there are fears that the display will be targeted by adware and you could start seeing pop ups on the keyboard keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yeah but... its so cool! ive just read that a price range of $200-300 is 'optimistic'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd get 1 if they were a reasonable price. Prob be loads of security issues with them at 1st.

Advertisement